Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake report.
My auger had a little accident when I tried to clean the carb. Ended up in worse condition that it was before I tried to "fix" it and had to wait a week for a new govenor spring. So I was limited to the soft water and decided to hit UL. Started off at the Pumphouse but found most of it frozen still, not safe enough to get on, just enough ice to keep a chunk of bait dry, so I went around to American fork boat harbor. The bridge there is repaired, but the gates were locked and a sign was up that said there was a new fee schedule to start April 1st, but no other info as to when they would be open.
Finally I made it around to Lindon. The harbor was ice free and the water inside was a clear as I have ever seen it at UL. I tossed some plastics around for a while to no avail, finally ended up at the end of the jetty soaking bait. About 15 minutes before the sun went down so did my bobber and I managed to pick up my first wally of the season and the first one I have ever picked up on bait. Nothing special maybe 19 or 20 inches, I sent him back to pack on a few more pounds and headed home. Sure felt nice to get the long rod out and do some casting and the fish was a bonus, hopefully I'll get back to the hardwater next week, not quite ready to get the toon back out just yet.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. I'm hoping that the little bait fish will have another good year for spawning down there, because the big predators seem to be going a little lean as of late.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][size 3]Thanks for the report. I have been wondering about UL...glad you got a wally. Should not be too far off before they start biting.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I was out at lincoln last thursday and didnt get a bite!But then again i didnt have any bait.Those red shiners have worked great for me.Gonna have to get some this week and give it another try.At least you caught an eye.
[signature]
Nice report and fish, I was wondering if the marina was froze. did you happen to look over at battle creek area just north of lindon marina ?? is there enought water up in the weeds ??
thanks chuck
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Chuck, the water level is higher now than its highest point last spring. Should be plenty of water around the creek. I plan to do a tube trip either Friday or Saturday.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks for the report Philly. We gonna chase walleyes at LB again this year? I just got a 'toon too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I've still got a little repair work to do on my toon, need a seem stitched, but I'm definately up for some tooning pretty soon. The water, like TD said, is as high as I've ever seen it (only been here for 2 years) looks like you would get wet feet almost all the way back to the train tracks. There should be a ton of flooded vegetation this spring. I'm sure it will be a good spawn for most everything.
[signature]