Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you use a hand Auger Bit with a power auger?
Just kidding Dave (LOL), thought you'd get a luagh outa that one.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
a joke ? these guys up here are using there cordless drills with there augers on them to drill holes ! , i even saw a lawn tractor with a post hole digger attachment drilling thru the ice , what some guys come up with !
[signature]
Hello LoneHunter,

I was just giving dave a hard time, he was telling me he had put a hand auger bit on a power auger and the threads spun the wrong way. I here you though, what ever it takes to get to the fish!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
on the subgect of ice i have a question that came up at work today , will a fishfinder work under the ice ? would there be a problem with echo's ? or would they work below the ice but positioned horizontal instead of vertical ? i haven't tried it , but was curious if anyone else has .
[signature]
you just have to get the transducer in the water and it will work just fine. drop it below the ice, use duck tape to tape the transducer so that it points down when holding the cable.

you can cheat a little when you want to find the right depth. chip a little hole on top the ice pour in a little minow water and set the transducer in. you will get a false line on top then you will get the true bottom below that.
[signature]
thanks dave i'll pass it along , still havent repaired mine yet , but i didn't have an ansure for the guys at work . the echo was a big topic of discussion , everyone had a theory on the yes and no's of being able to use one . i knew they can be used thru a boats transum but wasen't sure of reflection under the ice . thanks again dave , your the ansure man for shure !
[signature]