Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Utah going to Fredricksburg in April
Hello fellow BFT'ers. I live in Utah but I am going back east in April to visit my parents. I fish mostly for bass, walleye, and fish.... Where are the 'best' places to wet a hook in these parts?
[signature]
will you be fishing from the east side or the west side?
[signature]
Well if Jack is what you are looking for these lakes will be your best bet. (Jack = Walleye = Walleyed Pike in Verginie.)

Lakes: Flannagan, South Holston, Gaston (especially below Kerr Dam), Leesville, Philpott, Chesdin, Anna, Whitehurst, Orange, Hungry Mother, Burke, and Brittle. Rivers: New, Staunton/Roanoke, South Holston, Clinch, Dan.

for Bronzeback (smallmouth)

Lakes: Claytor, Smith Mountain, Philpott, Moomaw, and South Holston Rivers: James (above the fall line); New; South Fork, North Fork, and mainstem Shenandoah; Rappahannock (above the fall line); Maury; North Fork Holston; and Clinch.

for bigmouth (largemouth)

Lakes: Anna, Gaston, Buggs Island, Chickahominy, Chesdin, Smith Mountain, Prince, Briery Creek, Western Branch and Flannagan. Rivers: James (below the fall line) and most coastal or piedmont rivers and streams.

hopefuly one of these lakes will be near your destination.
[signature]
[url "http://javascript:__doPostBack('FacilitiesGrid$_ctl1$_ctl0','')/"][#000000][size 1]NAME[/size][/#000000][/url][size 1]........................... [/size][url "http://javascript:__doPostBack('FacilitiesGrid$_ctl1$_ctl1','')/"][#000000][size 1]LOCATION[/size][/#000000][/url][size 1] ...............[/size][url "http://javascript:__doPostBack('FacilitiesGrid$_ctl1$_ctl2','')/"][#000000][size 1]WATER[/size][/#000000][/url][size 1] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[#0000bf][size 1]Belle Harbour Marina[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] Fredericksburg VA [/size][#0000bf][size 1]Potomac Creek[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[#0000bf][size 1]Berry Plains Inc Site no.1[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] Fredericksburg, VA [/size][#0000bf][size 1]Rappahannock River[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[#0000bf][size 1]Berry Plains Inc Site no.2[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] Fredericksburg, VA [/size][#0000bf][size 1]Jones Top Creek[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[#0000bf][size 1]Japazaur Property Owners Assoc Inc[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] Fredericksburg, VA [/size][#0000bf][size 1]Potomac Creek[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[#0000bf][size 1]Larry King[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] Fredericksburg, VA [/size][#0000bf][size 1]Potomac Creek[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[#0000bf][size 1]Rappahannock River Campground[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] Richardsville, VA [/size][#0000bf][size 1]Marsh Run[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[#000000][size 1][#0000ff]Richmond Raft Co[/#0000ff].[/size][/#000000][size 1] Richmond, VA [/size][#0000bf][size 1]Appomattox River[/size][/#0000bf]
[size 1] [/size]
[#0000bf][size 1]Virginia Outdoor Center[/size][/#0000bf][size 1] Fredericksburg, [#0000bf][#000000]VA[/#000000] [/#0000bf][/size][#0000bf][size 1]Rapidan River[/size]
[/#0000bf]
[signature]
Thanks Dave, I owe you one.
[signature]
Your welcome any time,

bring me back a fishing report and we'll call it even[Wink]
[signature]
Fair enough, I can't wait to go.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There goes the neighborhood. Gonna start another Civil War?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I am leaving for VA this Friday. I had to go buy buy a special "tube" for my Loomis rod, can't be too careful. Any hot spots right now? I have a trip planned on Lake Anna and the Rapapaphoochiecoochie river? Something like that [crazy]
[signature]
the only thing I can tell ya now is to stay away from white waters. they are moving their fastest this time of year.

Crappie and stripers should be active along with jacks.
[signature]
I forgot how beautiful it is out here. It's plain to see why my home town (SLC, Utah) is desert state. I hit Lake Anna tommorow morning at daybreak, I'll post pics. I was up there this afternoon and you could see the LMB on their beds from the shore.
I also stopped at Fatty J's by the rapahonock and watched a guy catch a ton of bluegill. I'm thinking about moving to Virginia now.
[signature]
no doubt, it is gods ccountry with out a doubt, Its been a long time since I have been in the blue ridge mountains my self. Not quite as high as the rockies where you live now, but none the less spactacular in their own respect.

I'll look forward to your photo of my ancestors home country...
[signature]