Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i change the hooks on my lures?
i have some lures but they have rusty hooks i wanna know how to change them can any body help me?
[signature]
They should have a split ring like you car keys. Take the hook off by prying the open end of the split ring and sliding the hook to the end. Same way you do your car keys.
[signature]
there are two other types of hook mounts,

one is a metal harness that you cat get to by using a fine craftsman screw drivers.

the second is mounted directly in to the eye of an eye screw. to fix this one you may neet to go down to the hard wear and pick a few eye screws, take the old one in to match it. bend side ways the end of the eye using two neadle nose pliers, set the new hook in and close the eye back.

screw the new srew in place, do not tork, if your screw does not set the un screw it and use a hot glue gun and put a dab of hot clue in to the hole and set screw your new hook back in. Be sure to linke the eye screw so your hook rocks back and forth properly. do it fast and then let it cool.

be especialy sure that you spend the extra dogh and buy stainless steel hooks. this will reduce the replacement time by a large margin. match your hook eye and your screw eye. they need to fit with out locking together.
[signature]