Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lure of the week review
This weeks lure is the Jitterbug. I've tried fishing this top water lure since I was a young fella and have caught zilch on it. Not being the best top water fisherman, I do plan on working at it this coming season. The Jiterbug is a frog imitation with two bills on the front to push water and make it go side to side. When all else fails I pull it out and work the edge of weeds or any structure. This year I'm going to try it on windy days as well, not just calm mornings. This lure has been around for many years, so I can't believe it won't get me a fish.[crazy]
[signature]
the jitterbug is one of my favorit lure,i always had good luck with them.the way i presnt them is cast close to a weedbed or structure,let sit a few min,reel in,sit,reel again.i also used it in the thames fiver for stripers,works well.i love topwater baits,just seeing them go after it is exciting.
[signature]
I like to do the jitter bug too, Its Jazzy man...

pre dawn to sunrize and sunset to dusk. I use a number 1 off the end of a dock for bass and pike. If there is a hungry fish out there they will grab at it and keep grabbing at it till you bring him in.... Bass and Pike just love a baby muskrat swimming back to shore....[Tongue]
[signature]