Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first striper...woohoo!
well it was pouring down the rain yesterday morning and i was watching some boring PBS shows about fishing waiting for the time to arrive to go to church and the fishing shows gave me the bug. So i threw on my cold/wet weather gear and headed down to cheatam lake...getting tired of going to the steam plant all the time!

So i was fishing for a couple hours without a bite...only one other soul out there in the pouring rain. The other guy finally left and i had the place to myself. I chucked most every plastic that i had and had skipjack on my second pole in case a cat was 'in the mood'.
anyhows....i lost a bit of gear in the river and was about ready to leave when i decided to try a crappie jig. I chucked it as far as i could and let the current carry it downstream a bit and slowly started really in...CRAP another snag...^&*@!! [pirate] Oopsie...the snag suddenly started powering down the river!!! [shocked]
IT WAS ON!!

took over 30 minutes to land the striper...it almost spooled me a couple times...i ended up grabbin the net and running down the river bank a few times to try and keep from getting spooled....THANK God i had quit using my ultralight gear!! It was 39"...27lbs and 25" in girth...my biggest fish to this point...can't get this Smile off my face!! [cool]

will try and post a pic whenever i get this resizing thing figured out.

cyas
rc
open up the pic and then click file then click save as when the little window pops up type the name of the pic and choose where you want to save it at, (desktop) then chose the file type you want to use (bitmap or paint) then click save.

open up the new copy of your photo

on the top bar click image, then a menue will drop down and click stretch/skew. when the next screen pops up type in the same number 75 in both the vertical and horizontal boxes then click ok. done.

you can do this as many times as you need to get it to upload.
[signature]
try number 2....

thanks for the help davetclown...please excuse my 'rookieness' with posting pics...lol [blush]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14146;][/center]
you can upload pictures twice that size if after you resize them

then click file.
then click save as
then in the bottom where it say save as type, select "JPEG Interchange Format"
then click save

JPEG files are a lot smaller than paint files.

I blew your photo back up then cropped it, more fish for the space.

if you have Microsoft Photo Editor resizeing is much easier and faster, including cropping.

you will know if you have this program if you open your pictures in jpeg files it says it at the top of the screen.

You should send me your mailing address in a Privet Message so I can send you our logo patch to wear when you take your photos. This way you can enter your catches in our free fishing photo contests.

I have never caught one of those, is that the striped bass or the hybred called striper or wiper?

at any rate that is a mighty fine specimen. I will be looking forward to one of those when I get settled in down that way.
[signature]