Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat. Report
Well I went out to Mud Lake with my little brother Saturday and had a great time. We arrived there about 9 am and walked a ways out and to the west. At first the fishing was pretty slow. We then tried out further and that was even slower. We then decided to try closer to the shore. That is when we started catching the fish. It was interesting as we looked down the holes we could see the fish as clear as day and the farther from shore we went the fish were smaller. I would have thought the opposite. We were there from about 9 to 2. It was still a great day fishing. It seems like the fish were more agressive later on in the day. We were able to catch two fish around 13 to 14 inches. The rest that we caught were between 8 and 10 inches. I didn't count how many we caught but it was good. Also as we were looking down the hole both I and my brother saw a cat fish. I didn't know there were cat fish in the lake but it was definately a cat. We saw a lot of perch, a few chub, and a cat fish. Pretty cool. The cat was right on the bottom feeling around with the wiskers. I probably could have gotten him to bite if I had let my bait lay on the bottom.
Fight4not
[signature]
Sounds good. Did you try to eat any of them? You have to practice your new found fillet techniques you Know. [Wink] I will be present and available for fishing this weekend. Ririe or MudLake Hummm? Maybe I will fish Mudlake from 5:00 P.M. until Midnight on Friday and then Ririe from 7:00A.M. until I passout or loose the strength I need to pull my sled.[cool] I can't wait. Let me know what your plans are.

Windriver
[signature]
I have been able to try out the filet technique. It works great and the perch are really good. I made fish sticks out of them. They ended up more like pop corn chicken but they were really good. I don't know for sure if I have to work this sat or not. I know I am working friday night so unfortunately I won't be able to do any fishing friday evening. I really want to go try out Ririe. That will be fun. I'll let you know if I have to work on sat or not.
Fight4not
[signature]
Thanks for the report. The F&G have tried planting just about everything in Mud Lake. Some nice sized catfish washed up after mud lake winter killed a few years ago.
[signature]