Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyote
Well, its prime time coyote hunting here. I havent got out to do any yet this season, the ice fishing has kept me pretty busy. Look forward to a little calling soon though.
[signature]
oh you said it ! 've been doing it for about five years now , i've given the taned furs away as gifts and people love them as wall decorations . i've also seen the furs going for $250. or better at the outdoor shows . it's one of the cheapest sports to enjoy and actually is benificial to our game species that we hunt for the following year . less preditory creatures , more game .
[signature]
HEY THERE GUYS, IT,S PRIME UP HERE TOO. BUT WE HAVE NO CLOSED SEASON HERE, DO YOU? I,VE NEVER BEEN AND WE HAVE ALOT ON MY MOUNTAIN EVEN HAD A PUP COME DOWN AND EAT ON THE PORCH OF MY HOUSE EATIN LADDIE JOHNS FOOD EARLY MORNIN. WHEN WE FIRST BUILT THE HOUSE, THAT WAS YEARS AGO THOUGH, WHEN I WAS BOUT 8 HAHA! I HEAR THEM SINGIN AND I LOVE LISTENIN TO EM. BUT OUT IN BROWNSVILLE THEY,RE WAS A GUY AND HIS SON HUNTIN DURIN RIFLE SEASON, THEY GIOT ATTACKED BY A PACK. THEY HAD SCENTS ON EM, AND I DON,T KNOW IF THEY TOOK WHATEVER THEY HAD ON FOR SCENTS FOR THOSE ANIMALS WHETHER THEY WERE PROTECTIN THEIR YOUNG OR RABIED BUT THEY WERE MANY AND ALOT IN THE PACK. AND GOT BRAVE OR SOMETHIN. I DON,T KNOW BUT I,D TAKE IT THEY NEED THINNIN WHEN THEY GIT LIKE THAT. DON,T YOU? DO YOU GUYS BAIT THEM? HOW DO YOU GUYS HUNT EM? WE CAN BAIT UP HERE. I KNOW THAT FROM WHAT SOME OF THE GUYS WERE SAYIN, THANKS MARE
[signature]
hay mare , some guys call them in or shoot them long distance , me , i like to scout them out and track em down . when i find there dens i come back and wait em out ( you don't shoot them at there den , you follow them to there gathering spot ) . i don't go for the single one , i go at em when there in a pack . i've seen them in groups of three up to about fifteen . you never shoot the alpha cause thele scatter , you don't shoot the last one either , they will just leave it . you shoot any one of them in the middle , it confuses them and they stay there wondering whats going on . one by one you drop em till they finally take off .

a good ol boy from n.e. ohio taught me to hunt them this way , and he learned it from his kentuckey grandpa .
[signature]
Good hunting to you all, Ghost
[signature]
THAT,S[cool] KEPP IT GOIN DOWN THE LINE HUH? [cool] JUST LIKE ME AND CLIFF. NOW JACK. HAHA BOY THAT,S A GOOD SIZE PACK WITH 15 IN IT AIN,T IT> THEY SURE COULD DROP A COUPLE OF DEER EASY HUH? ANYWAYS YA KNOW ONE TIME I WAS OUT RIDIDN MY PONY IN BROWNSVILLE AND IT WAS GITTIN THAT SUN GOIN DOWN AND BOMBFIRE STARTED DANCIN AND TALKIN TO MOMMA AND TELLIN ME SOMETHIN WAS WRONG, I LOOKED UP ON THE HILL AND THERE WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COYOTE I,D EVER SEEN HE WAS GOLD LIKE THE SUN. NO BLACK NO NOTHIN. GEORGEOUS. WHAT A PICTURE THAT WOULD OF BEEN. I ALSO SEEN A BLACK PANTHER UP THERE IN SHEDDSVILLE AT DUSK. WE GOT OUT OF THERE QUICK HAHA BIG! THERE ARE GITTIN MORE CATS UP HERE OVER THE YEARS SINCE I WAS A KID TOO.ALSO WHICH TICKED ME OFF, THEY PUT OUT DAMN FISHER CATS UP HERE TO TAKE CARE OF THE PORCUPINE PROBLEM WE WAS HAVIN AND THEY NEVER TOOK CARE OF THE PORCUPINE PROBLEM THEY TOOK CARE OF THE SQUIRRELLS FOX RABBIT AND THE HOUSE CATS!! OF EVERYBODIES AROUND THE HILL. EVEN MY SATIN. I WAS HOT AND LET THE GAME WARDEN,S KNOW BOUT IT TOO. THEM SUCKERS! 2 LEGGED AND 4. THOSE I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM SHOOTIN WHEN THEIR LITTLE. YOU GOT EM? I WOULD LIKE TO GIT OUT COYOTE HUNTIN BUT I DON,T KNOW BOUT YOU, BUT IT HAS BEEN BITTER BITTER MORE THAN IT,S BEEN IN YEARS UP HERE. THE WIND CHILL IS THE WORST. I,LL WAIT TIL IT GITS SONME BETTER. WE HAVE 12 13 INCHES OF ICE BUT YA NEVER KNOW IN SPOTS UP HERE STILL. WAS UP AT 130 THIS MORNIN LOOKIN AT THE ICE FISHIN FORUM. MY GOD IT,S TERRIBLE HAOW PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES THIS YEAR.TAKE CARE HAVE FUN BE CAREFUL MARE LATER
[signature]
hey mare , how you guys been diong ? bitter cold up there ? same here .

yea most people don't know a deer can make any sounds other than a grunt or a bleat , but when thoes coyotes start rippin' one up they scream ! every time i hear one going down it makes me wanna get the 12 gauge out and even things up a bit . but you just gotta remember that thats the way nature goes , some gotta eat , some gotta be eaten . of course i like being on the eating end of the deal .

we got the fishers here too but as far as i know we can only get one a year on a fur harvesters license ( trapping lisence ) . there kind of hard to find . i worked with this one guy a few years ago who used to live in the u.p. he said if i ever saw a quill pig (porcupine as we call them ) to get one for him . his mom used to cook them up when the food money wasn't too good . well we got him a couple big ones and he was happier than cat in a bird cage . the next day he brought in this crock pot full of this stew , everyone gobbeled it up at lunch , you guessed it , the porcupines !

well before i could get his recipe on how he cooked them he got fired and moved away , but i got to tell you , it was one of the best wild game dinners i ever ate . seems that all the good old family resipes went out the door when the grocery stores came in . i been real luckey though , i talk to just about everyone i run into out in woods and have gotten some cooking directions on all kinds of stuff , like muskrats , beaver , coon , and even possom , but i don't think i could stomack no possom !

i bet you can't wait for the summer to come , i can just picture you three crusin' on the hog ! it won't be long now before old mr. sunshine starts warming things up ! tell cliff and jack i said "hey !" your pal lonehunter
[signature]
hey there there my ol pal haha i hate thinkin of a deer no less hearin her. or a little one. but i do know it,s nature even though that,s one hell of a way to go for em. i,m surprised you guys can only take one fisher! why is it? don,t they put a toll on your squirells rabbits? little ones? god we can git as many as we want but like ya said they are hard to find.!! i did have an episode one day up to cliffs grandfathers farm, i was pregnant for cliff rite tite like a stuck pig haha BIG1 haha bout ready to pop, and i was ridin my 100 harley dirt bike well it was combination road bike too. it was a good little bike wish i still had it it,d be worth quite a bit today. it was only 2 years old when i bought it. anyways i was goin thru the woods, and came up on a pair of em. think she had just had babies, not too old anyways, and they chaded me on the bike i thought i was gonna drop the bike cause i had to go fast to git away from them. i was scat. finally they gave up thank god. porcupines are good eatin? that,s somethin. they vegetarians like the wood chucks? i know they eat the little trees, but what else? i can,t member. we have few and far betwixt on possum up here. once in a great while i,ll see one on the road that got hit. that,s bout it though. never done wood chucks or beaver either but i bet they are good. my uncle didn,t tell me bout the eel he cooked when i was bout 5 and i hated it and after he told me i got sicker . didn,t like him much anyways. he liked tryin to run over puppies. jerk! told him so too at 7 hhaa ma laughed.i like different recipes too. but i like my squirell stew the best so fer. i,d make a BIG POT and ma cliff and i would sit htere and eatit all haha. now just me and cliff and jack does. that,s cool though. i like your writin too miss hearin from ya when i don,t. for a while. no i can,t jack and dub can,t wait to git ovr there! haha but i don,t want to wish the spring and summer away either haha maybe i,ll book one for spring. haha later take care to you and yours have fun be careful. will git to go coyote huntin sometime soon i hope. got to do somethin betwixt now and spring. go stir crazy huh? mare later, oh, i wonder how dave made out with his goose today? you heard ahha i haven,t seen where he wrote us yet. haha
[signature]
seein as though i was up till 130 this mornin and am gittin tired and rather than gittin in trouble again i think it,s time for me to go to BED HAHA LATER. NITE MARE HAHA DREAM BOUT MY CABIN JACK LOUIE CLIFF AND ME GOIN FISHIN HAHA NITE![Smile]
[signature]
[Sad]The problem hunting yotes up here in Minnesota is that its to thick of bush to get a good look at them to see whether their yotes or wolves. Since there is so many wolves around here now, I don't take a chance (wardens dont like you shooting their wolves), so I wait and go to North Dakota to hunt them, which doesnt happen often enough ! Keep your call thaw out and dont forget your squeeker !!!!! lol, happy calling! Flagmanonice
[signature]
hey flag haha my beautiful patches came from minnesotal! my big pony. he was gentle as a kitten loved him dearly. anyways i didn,t realize you had wolves there. we have timberwolves that come down from canada but not many are here i don,t believe. i guess we,re alot like you too with the mountains woods brush. but the coyotes are gittin more and more plentiful. but that,s ok. everybody needs to take trips every now nad then huh? haha later. see where dave wrote bout the goose this mornin [cool] mare later you can,t shoot the wolves cause there ain,t too many or what ? later
[signature]
yea mare the wolves are on the endangered list in some states others are on one list or another , michigan is going to allow trapping this year for one per person on a lottery deal . seems the farmers and ranchers are complaining and want the numbers down . the balance between man and nature is a trickey one . when man gets ticked off you can complain about it , but you tick off mother nature and she'll come back on you something feirce .

harley dirt bike , is that the old sprint single lunger ? i had three of them ! won them in a poker game when i was about sixteen or so from one of my buddys that lived back dave's way . wished i would have kept them .

dave's new buddy has got to be doing good , betcha he's got dave cookin' him dinner and serving it up on the fancy china ! i wouldn't be surprized if the kids have adopted it as there 4-h club mascot ! ya think he named it yet ? that daves alright in my book . see ya later , lonehunter
[signature]
MORNIN THERE DUB,!! HAHA THAT,S WHAT I CALLED MY SON WHEN HE WAS A COLT. HE DUBBED WITH HIS FINGERS TOO MUCH. HAHA THA,S MY SPECIAL NAME FOR HIM SO FEEL PRIVILEDGED HAHA. ANYWAYS YA MOTHER NATURE SURE CAN DO HER THING. BUT SOME OF THESE PETA PEOPLE WOULD --- I BET IF THEY WERE KILLIN THEIRE CATS DOGS OR PLANTS WOULDN,T THEY? BUT THAT WOULD BE OK, IF IT WAS THEM HUH? JERKS. THAT WAS A GOOD POST YA PUT IN. ANYWAYS, MY LITTLE BIKE I CAN,T REMEMBER WHAT THEY CALLED IT. IT HAD THE DIRECTIONALS HEADLIGHT AND SET UP FOR THE ROAD BUT SMALL ENOUGH TO USE FOR THE WOODS. IT WAS RED MY FAVORITE COLOR. HAHA IT WAS BACK IN 74 WHEN I HAD IT. I BELIEVE THE YEAR ON IT WOULD OF BEEN 72 WHEN THEY CAME OUT WITH THEM. I HAD IT 2 YEARS AND I HAD CLIFF IN 75 SO IT HAD TO BE. IT WAS A 90 OR 100. I LOVED IT WHEN I WAS PREGNANT FOR CLIFF I WOULD RIDE IT TO MA,S. I LIVED IN SPRINGFIELD THEN. SO IT WAS ABOUT 13 MILES ONE WAY. I DIDN,T HAVE NO LICENCE REG. I HAD MY BICYCLE PLATE ON IT AND HOW I LOOK BACK AND LAUGH AT IT NOW. HAHA I RODE THAT BIKE RIGHT UP TILL THE LAST WEEK BEFORE I HAD CLIFF. THAT,S WHY EVERYBODY CALLED ME MOTORCYCLE MOMMA! HAHAI WAS EVEN RIDIN MY BEAUTIFUL BOMBFIRE,/HORSE/ HAHA I ENDED UP GITTIN ON BOMB AND THE WEIGHT OF ME THEN WAS PRETTY GOOD AND SHE WASN,T USE TO IT, WELL UP IN THE AIRE SHE WENT I WENT ON THE GROUND SHE WAS STILL IN THE AIR,SHE LOST HER BALANCE, AND I SEE HER COMIN. I MOVED TO THE RIGHT. GOOD THING I DID. OR SHE WOULD OF BEEN RIGHT ON TOP OF CLIFF. SHE CAME OVER AND RIGHT ACROSS MY LEGS. 1000LB. RIGHT ACROSS MY LEGS. WOW/ GOOD THING I WAS IN GOOD SHAPE. THANK GOD EVERYTING WAS OK. I HAD TO LAUGH THOUGH CLIFF STILL DIDN,T WANT TO COME OUT. THEY ENDED UP FORCIN LABOR ON ME CAUSE IT WAS 9 MONTHS WHEN I HAD HIM. HAHA I HAD A COLT INSTED OF A KID. HAHA THAT,S HOW LONG IT IS FOR A PONY TO COME SO I CALLED HIM MY LITTLE STALLION ALL THESE YEARS HAHA.GUESS I GOT GOIN AGAIN HAHA ANYWAYS YA. I LOVED MY BIKE HAD A BALL. IT WAS MORE ROAD BIKE BUT SMALL ENOUGH TO USE AS A DIRT BIKE. WHEN I RODE IT TO MA,S I RODE IT ON THE ROAD.I,D LOVE TO HAVE ONE AGAIN. DON,T THINK THE JARRIN WOULD DO ME MUCH GOOD THOUGH. I DON,T GIVE A SHIT, I,M GONNA LIVE TILL I CROKE OR YA MIGHTS SWELL PUT A BULLET IN ME NOW. I,M GITTIN TICKED AT THE FACT OF WHAT THE DOCTORS SAY THEY CAN KISS MY ---.THEY SAY DEAL WITH,IT BUT YET GIVE ME LIMITS. WELL KISS MYASS! I GOT TO DEAL WITH IT,WELL I,LL DEAL WITH IT MY WAY I,M GONNA HAVE FUN,. I AIN,T DEAD YET! I,M IN PAIN ANYWAYS WELL I MIGHTS SWELL HAVE FUN DOIN IT. HAHA WELL SO MUCH FOR THAT. HAHA. SORRY GOT GOIN AGAIN. I,M JUST THINKIN OF MY FISHIN TRIP SO MUCH AND WANTIN TO GO NOW! HAHA.YES AND DAVE IS FEEDIN HIM RIGHT OUT OF HIS HANDS. HAHA THAT,S CUTE. HAHA HE PUT A COUPLE GOOD PICTURES ON THERE THIS MORNIN. HAHA SHE,S NOT TOO OLD I DON,T THINK. LOOKS ABOUT 2 TO ME. HE THINKS SHE WAS TAME BEFORE. I WOULDN,T DOUBT.IT. SHE PROBABLY FIGURED SOMEONE WOULD TAKE HER IN . SHE NEED A VACATION TOO. HAHA AND GUESS WHO? HAHA SHE IS BEAUTIFUL. SHE,S A SWAN I GUESS. HE NAMED HER SWANY. HAHA WRITE ME WHEN YA GIT A CHANCE AFA. MARE
[signature]
BOY I RUN MY MOUTH ON THIS ONE DIDN,T I ? HAHA LATER LONEHUNTER!!! HAHA [cool]
[signature]
one of our mechanic's dog is in season right now and has them coming around his house , a few of us are going over this week to sit in the pines and harvest a few , have you had that caller out yet ?
[signature]
hey lonehunter, how ya doin? are they black gold silver like ours are? the one over the river i saw was all gold no black or anythin. just was wonderin. the wolves we have over in the game preserve i was tellin ya about, that runs the whole state, they call it corbin,s park, are black and silver.from canada, al my stepfather had worked in there at one point, when i was young, and brought home a couple pups. the mother he found had died and she had pups instead of lettin them die, he brought the one duke up and the other died. of phenuemonia but we saved duke on a dolls bottle of milk. i belive to this day he knew what we did for him and we became his pack. duke was a beauty. he never gave us ever anyproblem. never showed us his wolf, he was raised with my bordercollie shepard mix laddie, nad when my son started walkin laddie and duke would babysit cliff watchin out for him all the time. haha it was cute. when cliff started walkin duke and lad would git on each side of him and walk him steerin him away from the bank we have out front the house. good watchdog. if i said it was ok he was fine. but he waited till i did say it. haha he had blue skin. so you could tell he was full wolf. the vet never said anythin which i was happy bout,. probly just cause duke was so good. i,d sit out with him on a full moon when he,d howl and i loved it. he,d look at me like he was lookin thru me,looin off onto his mountain. but it felt so good. he was huge! he'd run down the drive and meet me and put his feet on my shoulders and knock me over. haha happy to see me. haha 160lbs he weighed then. haha i was 5,3 and he was just as tall as me. and his head was so big haha chest too. he was 6and a half feet frm nose to tail. beautiful. he lived to be 15 years old. he,s burried up to the house with my horse cats other dogs. i won,t forget puttin duke in my old valliant one time and laughin the car had a long back seat but i still had problems gittin him in. haha he had to bow his head and wrap the tail around him and his back end was sooshed a little to git him in. haha but we went to burger king and he liked that. haha he ate 5 of the doublecheese. haha still wanted more. hahai couldn,t git laddie in. he went next time. ahha later mare[Smile][cool][laugh]
[signature]
solid black mere , and you are right , they have a strong group bond . they stick together and look out for one another . some people think the fairy tales is true about wolves eatin up kids . i don't know for sure . but i do know in school we had to read up on a case study about the last known human child raised by wolves in the black forest back in the 1800's . the wolf pack tracked the boy to the university where the professors was studing the boy and sometimes they would let the kid outside to play with them . true story .
gotta remember , before the industrial revolution ( before all the factorys came to be ) everyone lived basicly by farming , they had cows sheep horses and sutch , good dinner plate for a wolf . all them centurys , the people hated the wolf for what came to them naturally , eating other animals . it takes a long time for people to get over hate . specially after all them hundreds of years .
dogs came from wolves , they just been city living for a long time . later ,lonehunter
[signature]
hey there lonehunter! that.s somethin. i thought i remember hearin somethin bout that but didn,t know the whole thing that,s cool! i loved my duke. he was so beautiful. and such a love. duke was a pup and so was laddie john so they grew up together nad got along fine. but i would see how he did the pack thing with us but never showed a wrong side he was content, i think he really realized what we did for him and his sister when they came. if i could have the chance to have another duke i would. yours don,t have any silve gold on em? isnlt that weird how the difference is up here to there? there all black? i bet their beautiful. my duke had the longest thickest hair you could imagine all year long. he shed some but really not as much as you,d figure with a wolf. i,ll tell ya they sell them hybreds up here, but i,ll really tell ya i would take duke,s full blood over them. i got a feelin they are a little tempermental.i don,t think they call em hybrids for nothin. course it is the people that buy them too as with any dog. sometimes no different than with kids have em and just have em to say they have em. both suffer. maybe i shouldn,t say it but it,s the truth. even if some humans don,t know how to train or deal with the pack instincts. ya know what i mean? you have to know how to train handle and respect the wolf, moreso than a dog, but they should with a dog too and some just don,t know how. a wolf is different, but i was lucky with duke he was one in a million but i also know animals and they know me.
[signature]
HEY THERE WHERE,S THE BLACK FOREST, I FORGIT. WAS IT IN WYOMIN? DON,T MEMBER. I DON,T LIKE THE HATIN PART OF IT. THE WOLVES WERE THERE FIRST. JUST LIKE THE INDIANS! TAIN,T RIGHT. I LIKE MY ANIMALS BETTER,N MOST PEOPLE SOMETINES HAHA MAYBE IT,S THIS PROGRESS --- I DON,T LIKE AND IT MAKES OUR ANIMALS SUFFER. I ,M NOT SOUNDIN LIKE I DON,T LIKE HUNTIN CAUSE I DO BUT I JUST DON,T THINK IT,S RIGHT THEY CAN,T DO WHAT THEY,VE ALWAYS DONE. FEND FOR THEIR OWN. WITHOUT PEOPLE BEIN THERE. I GUESS. MAYBE IT,S LIKE THE DAYS OF THE OLD WEST AIN,T THE WEST I WANT TO SEE WHEN I GO. IT WON,T BE THE WAY I WANT IT TO WHEN I DO GIT TO GO. IT IS A SHME.
[signature]
THE BLACK FOREST IS IN GERMANY , BUT WYOMING HAS SOME WOODS THAT COME CLOSE IT'S BUEATY . GIVE ME NATURE OR CITY LIFE AND YOU KNOW WHAT ONE I'M GONNA PICK ! HINT-( FISHIN AIN'T SO GOOD IN A SEWER ) YOUR PAL LONEHUNTER
[signature]