Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview report: HOTT!!
Moby Dick and I went up to Pineview today, we got there around 9:45. I caught 17 perch in the span of about 10 minutes! We fished in about 20 feet of water, and then things really picked up. By about 2:30 I had my limit of perch, and Moby had 43. We then wasted about 3 hours sitting around trying to catch something else, but nothing came of it. All in all, a great day.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. What area were you fishing?
You said that you wasted 3 hours after 2:30pm. Do you mean that the bite quit then? I would like to fish Pineview in the afternoon some time this week. Do you think that it would be worth it?
Thanks for your help.
[signature]
Were you ice fishing or out of a boat and how big were the perch?
[signature]
well DKS, we were in the narrows area just off the south shore. It was pretty good, and I would recommend going out. What I meant by wasting three hours, was we pretty much had all of our fish by then. we only caught like 3 or 4 during that time. i might go out again tomorrow. The trend i've noticed is that the action is pretty hot in the morning, then slowing down towards mid afternoon.
[signature]
oh yeah, icing perch, there is a good 12 inches of solid ice all over the lake, so a boat would be pretty pointless [Wink]
[signature]
Never been there before but would love to catch some perch this weekend. Where on the lake were you? Any info would be very helpful. Thanks.
[signature]
Do you think that the ice is good over by the boat ramp on the North West side? Have you fished that area yet?
Were you using the usual double rig with a flasher and a rat finkie tipped with worm or perch meat? Thanks ,Dale.
[signature]
Glad to see the perch making a comeback. How were they size wise?

Thanx

GEEZER
[signature]
The narrows south shore, where is that at? Is it close to the dam or further east? I'm looking at a map of the lake trying to figure where you are talking about.
[signature]
The fish were on the smaller side, being about 4 to 5 in. with some bigger and some smaller. The biggest was 9 in. and the smallest was 2 in. It really was a blast catching them. If you do go, go in the morning and fish till about 3pm, you'll catch the most in that time. The fishing just seems to turn off after then. We were fishing on the 3rd pull off, headed towards the dam, on the south side of the lake. I was using a small cast master with a bright green stripe down one side tipped with a perch eye, and above that I had on a small jig tipped with a waxy, MobyDick was using something different than me. I'd Think the ice would be safe around the entire lake. There was about 8 in. of snow on top of the ice and some slush in some areas.

Rabid Fisher
[signature]
I was using a gold jigging spoon with a rat finkie tipped with a wax worm under it about a foot. It worked great, we had a lot of fun. I'll post some pics shortly. The ice was really thick, at least 12 inches. I would guess it would be the same around the whole lake.
[signature]
Fished pineview on thursday and caught over 60, was a great day to be fishing, and a lot of fun. Two other guys in my group iced over 50 together.

Will be there this monday morning,

Rabid Fisher
[signature]