Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mystery Water
Which body of water here in Utah is a mystery to you?
Is there a place you have never been?
Is there a place that you are longing to try?

One of my goals this year is to fish Cutler Reservoir. It's filled with monster largemouth & Smallies.
Some other lakes I want to fish:
Pelican, Red Fleet, Stenaker, Hyrum, Mantua & Willard Bay.

What about you guys?
[signature]
Well,
You hit Cutler right on the money. It's a mystery. I hear it has huge largemouth and some crappie, bluegill, catfish, and walleye. The only thing I've managed to do there is get lost, wet, and bitten by mosquitoes. I have caught some carp and a few nice bass in some of the ponds and outlets around there, but few actually in the reservoir.
That's my mystery, I'd like to learn how to fish walleye's there for sure! If anyone has any tips on how and where to go, let me know.
[signature]
The walleyes can usually be found either in the dam area, or in the deeper holes under bridges. Generally where there is a bridge, the water is funneled on cutler. The moving water cutts out deeper holes under the bridges, and the bridge provides darker water. Not that cutler needs darker water. I doubt anything can see more than 3 inches in there. I know that about three inches is where I loose sight of a chartreuse spinnerbait. If you want to fish the dam area, forget benson and go to the junction to put in.
[signature]
I'm a complete idiot with walleye. I caught one on a worm in the Bear River once on accident. What do you use? Bait? Lures? I'd love to learn, especially since the spawn should be starting soon doesn't it? Has anyone fished Onieda Dam for Walleye?
[signature]
Every water I fish is a mystery! I am always in wonderment about why the fish aren't biting in the middle of the day. I have fished mostly at Bear Lake and the waters of Cache Valley. I have been to the gorge a couple of times and to powell a few times as well. The rest of the state waters are new to me.
[signature]
My Dad lives on the banks of the Bear River and fishes it almost every day in the warmer parts of the year. He has caught some really nice walleyes just using worms. Sometimes he will use a rubber minnow but most of the time just a worm. Walleye, (this according to him) will move a lot. He will catch a walleye or two for a few days then nothing for a couple of weeks, then he will catch walleye again. I think, if you wanted to catch walleye you need to move around until you find them. The next time you go you may not find them in the same spot so you will need to find them again.
[signature]
Holmes creek reservoir is near my house and I still haven't figured that place out.
I too would like to learn to fish Cutler but Jordanelle is the lake I need to learn. I've fished it for years for trout but the bass have only come on rare occasions.
[signature]
This may sound strange, but I've never fished the Gorge. I'm headed up there in the spring for another first, Kokanee.
[signature]
Let's Trade ... A Jordnaelle Extravaganza for a Willard Extravaganza!
[signature]
Boulder Mountain lakes. I've read alot about them and haven't made it up (down) there yet. This is the year. I'm sure there are plenty of small trout to be caught, but then there are the reports and pictures that surface of world class Brookies and the work that 'they' (DWR) has been doing with Colorado Cutts. Not to mention tigers, rainbows, and browns. I'd also like to fish some more familiar waters in a different manner. Example: I live a few miles from Lindon Boat Harbor, and I have yet to catch a Largemouth. Now thats a mystery...
[signature]
I'd like to fish where I can catch some Arctic grayling. I have heard they taste great and that a few lakes in the Uintas have them. Which ones and where they are is a mystery to me.
[signature]
Thats a big "Can DO" Clif, but it might be a good idea to wait a few month, ha,ha. We'll make some plans as the water warms.
[signature]
Jordanelle is fishing good for bass right now .....

[signature]
I want to fish Moon Lake through the ice. I've never been there before and Polo is supposed to be hooking up a trip. If he doesn't come through, I might just have to kill him.

IFG
I wished I would have looked at Yuba when it was all but drained, sonar is good but nothing like looking at the lay of the land underwater
[signature]
Lets see, i would like to fish:
Garrison res.
Jordanelle
willard bay
bear lake
Quale
Sand hollow
Enterprise
gunlock
powell
and theres lots more, but i am still young and in time i will get to fish them
[signature]
There's at least a thousand high mountain lakes I'm interested in. So many lakes, so little time. Hopefully I can knock out another 100 or so this year...

First pic is one from 2005, the second is one I hope to see in 2006.

lurechucker
[signature]
I have fish most of your lakes Cutler was the hardest for me I haven't caught a thing on that pond. I will but them in order of fun for me #1 Stenaker lots of nice fish, Willard when you can get into wipers, Pelican nice bass and big gills, Red fleet but smaller fish, Mantua and then Hyrum.

My Mystery lakes would Mona, Cottonwood and D.M.A.D.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As a lot of folks on the board know, I lived in Utah for quite a few years before moving to Arizona on business for a long time. I just moved back to Utah (for good) a little over a year ago. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It has taken awhile to get settled in. I have managed to hit quite a few of my old fishing holes, but there are some I have still to renew old acquaintance with, and some new ones that I have never fished...ever.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am partially retiring this year, so I plan to make good use of any available time I have. That means fishing. I have put together an agressive schedule to hit at least 39 lakes in Utah, and to catch at least 33 species of Utah fish. I also plan to cross the border into Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming and even into California and Oregon this year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have put together lists for the various lakes and species, together with a desktop fishing log form. Every trip will include all the details and I will log the event every time I hit a targeted reservoir or collect a targeted species.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Being a tubaholic, with a new pontoon too, I intend to fish mostly from either one of these. However, I also plan to join a few folks in boats and to do some bank stompin' too. Heck, I ain't proud. If there's fish to catch, I'm all over it, no matter what it takes.[/#0000ff]
[signature]