Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meat Grinder/Sausage Stuffer
I am looking for a meat grinder/sausage stuffer of reasonable quality. I am looking at something along the lines of 100# a year maximum usage. Any suggestions? Thanks Mr. J.
[signature]
I've done tons of sausage, brats, and polish sausage with my grinder this year. In years past I've used a cheap little $50.00 grinder and it did the job. However, it took quite a bit more time than you would expect. About a year ago I bought a Cabela's grinder for about $230 and its worth its weight in gold. The horse power produces like 8lbs of meat a minute. Not to mention that it came with all the different size grinding plates and several sausage tubes for your casings. The amount of time I've saved in the last year has easily paid for itself. I've still got my old grinder if you are interested I'd consider selling it to ya cheap. let me know how ya do & good luck[Wink]
[signature]
I have an old old old hand grinder and want to upgrade to an electric model. Which Cabelas model did you buy? Mr. J.
[signature]
Its the 1/2 hp model. If you do much grinding or stuffing then this is the machine for you. heck, you may even want the 1hp or the 1 1/2 hp model. Just depends on how deep your pockets are[Wink].. Good luck man, let me know what ya decide.
[signature]