Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek/Provo River
I decided to try a little shore fishing at Deer Creek on Saturday. There was more ice than I expected and I only found one spot with enough open water to fish from shore. I tried spinners, powerbait, and nightcrawlers and had no luck at all. I never have much luck shore fishing for trout at Deer Creek and Saturday was no different. I decided to leave with enough time so I could fish the campground on the lower Provo. I found a nice deep hole and started throwing a tube jig. I had a hit immediately but missed the fish. I got the feel for it and managed to catch a couple of nice browns from that hole and I missed a lot more. I move up river as it was getting dark and caught one rainbow. I probably should have just skipped Deer Creek and fished the river from the beginning. Anyway, it was a nice day and I didn't get skunked!!

Hoosier
[signature]
When walleyebob and I were there a few weeks ago people were catching some nice trout right by the boat ramp and the north side of the island. Road also did good a week ago in his float tube but I agree with you most of the time that I'm there, I have little or no luck. At least you did good on the Provo. WH2
[signature]
glad to hear that deer creek did not skunk you, more than i can say about myself, i always get skinked at deer creek when i am fishing for trout.

FB2
[signature]
That is because you have no patience young man. If the bite isn't fast and furious you get furstrated. Now relax, take a deep bredth, and cast that lure again. If I remember right LOL you don't even fish for trout on that lake! You just go after the bass and walleye.

Buy them books, send them to school, and what do they do? Eat the covers!
[signature]