Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 1/27
Fished S.C. today with Beeman2995,on the ice at 8Am,off a noon.We fished the North end in 24' of water.The take was from 10' to the bottom,most of my fish were at 12-20'.Fished with tube jigs,piece of minnow,meal worms and wax worms.When they stopped taking one,switched to another.Good access with a snowmobile.31 fish total,Mike 21,Bob 10.Great day at the Berry.
[signature]
[black]"Mike 21, Bob 10"[/black]
[black][/black]
[black]Mike, good to see I'm not the only one that you outfish! Last trip with Bob he outfished me, so not hard to see where I fit in that fish-catching scenario.[/black]
[signature]
How do you think access was for a larger atv?
[signature]
Did you guys pick up any bows?
[signature]
nice report mike. glad to hear that sc side is producing.
did it snow much at all.
thanks for sharing.
[signature]
we did have a very good day, and he did out fish me[Sad] until just before we packed up i put on a small white curly tail tiped with wax worm, wow! it would hit the bottom, tighten the line and bang a fish , then it was time to go , had one big one on striped line until it got off, caught two small bows, great day no wind some snow
[signature]
I think going down to the lake would not be a problem,but going back up hill afterwards might be a problem
[signature]
Just some real fine stuff,like ash comeing down.Roads were clear until we got back to Parleys
[signature]
Its either my great fishing skill,luck,or my Vexilar[Wink] As I recall you had a 20 fish day with me last year at the Berry
[signature]
I was at Soldier Creek today also. We arrived before sunup and stayed until 1:30 or so. The sun was out for a couple of hours and it got real warm. Snow on the ice was 4 inches, (up to the wheel rims on the tire). Ice was solid and measured 15 inches last weekend and looked to be the same this week. (didn't measure it today) Access for 4x4's was great, no problems. Mine pulled me, my son and a 200 plus pound tent with gear and a smaller tent behind it. It is easier riding and better traction if you stay off the snowmobile tracks once you get onto the ice. The storm was just beginning to come across the lake to the south when we left. I think they will get a few inches from this one based upon the way it was snowing in Danials and Parleys when we traveled home. I fished in 36 feet of water and landed 20 (caught most at 25 feet suspended at first and then they moved right on the bottom) , my son caught 2, he was fishing 40 feet south of me in 42 feet of water and my fishing partner caught 8 or so and he was also in 42 feet of water, 30 feet west of me. All were cuts except for 1 bow. 2 were under the slot, the rest were in. Two went 21 1/2 inches. I used watter crickets tipped with wax worms for most of the fish, then went to watter cricket & night crawler and caught a few with watter cricket & minnows. After about 10 am the bite got real light and if it wasn't for the Vexilar and the tip sensor, I'd have not caught them. I had fish around my line all day, Sometimes as many as 5 at a time. They just got picky and I really had to work them the last 2-3 hours. All in all, a good day at the Berry. I took none home (my wife wasn't too happy as she wants a fresh fish dinner.)
[signature]