Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another new? float tube
This is a bada$$ float tube. Only trouble is nobody knows where to find one. Hard plastic, 1 gallon live well, rod holders, Minnkota Endura 30 built in, wheel on the bottom to help roll it to the water.
[url "http://www.allkayakfishing.com/float_tubing/powerfloat.html"]http://www.allkayakfishing.com/float_tubing/powerfloat.html[/url]
[Image: powerfloat.jpg]
[signature]
EA,

I had run across that one on that website, too. Looks like a good piece of work. Might be a little heavy but you wouldn't have to worrry about puncturing the air chambers.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like another one of those great ideas where the inventor ran out of money before he could get into mass production.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As I see it, the advantages are NO INFLATION. The diSadvantages are NO INFLATION. You definitely need a larger vehicle to carry one.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It did not give a weigh rating but judging by the pics it looks like probably in the 300 pound range. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lots of neat features. Let's watch for more info, including price and availability.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Coincidentally, my first "store bought" craft was a molded plastic "donut" back in the early 70's. It had heat welded seams, holding the top and bottom halves together. Also had a small and uncomfortable seat. It was a nice novelty but not big enough for me. I gave it to TubeN2, who almost went to the bottom of Willard Bay Reservoir when the seam cracked and it filled with water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am sure that modern materials and technology would make this craft a better prospect than the early stuff. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Looks like a nice design. Not for me though ... places I hike to and through, it would be too impracticle.

-ABT-
[signature]
I learned a whole new meaning to dunking a donut and what a donut feels like when it gets dunked[pirate]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That was also a lesson that you were not good enough to walk on water...until it froze.[/#0000ff]
[signature]