Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Ice Fishing News
Sorry this is late but here is the run down from the weekend. Fished Strawberry Saturday at Chicken Creek West. We fished at the mouth of the bay right on the main lake in 22 ft. of water. We caught a total of 7 cuts in 7 hours, hardly what I call fast fishing. Used tube jigs in various colors with both wax and meal worms and shrimp. Nothing seemed to produce better or worse than the other. Talked to lots of people and one group did better than us with 11 in 5 hours. They were out with us in deeper water. Most everybody else fished the shore line in 5 - 11 ft. of water and did poorly. What bite there was lasted all day with a little more action at dawn. We had 4 times as many bites as we caught and I broke off 3 fish. From now on I will change my line every year as Jmig suggested.

Fished Echo Sunday morning, and there are still jillions of small perch but, we were after the big trout we caught last week. No luck. Scott caught one 16 Bow but that was it. I left at 11:00 and don't know how the rest of the group did after that. HFT any luck after I left?

Looks like Bean and I will fish Pineview Wednesday afternoon, let you all know how we do.

IFG
[signature]

IFG
sorry I didn't see your post until now.
I posted under Echo report.you'll have to read my question to you. Look forward to hearing about pineview.
[signature]
Hello I.F.G. I was thinking about posting a guestion on what jigs to get for the Berry, and came across your post. Thanks for the up-date on fishing the Berry. It looks a little slow by your post, I"ve never fished there but was thinking about driving to it from Cache Valley for the Food and Fishing on ice day, its about 4hrs one way for me, so as you can see, I"d like it to be productive not only for me but my (2) teenage boys. They love action. Well if"n ya got any hot tips for me on what to buy in the way on jigs or luers etc. I"d appreciate a PM. Thanks again and maby I"ll see you on ice Feb. 1st at the berry. I got a feel"n its gonna be a hoot!! Lator IFG [Smile]
[signature]
Bait Caster,

I'd send you a PM if I knew how so I hope you get this. Plus, I don't mind sharing info with everyone since I hope everybody catches fish. Here is what I use at the berry. I use a metal flake green tube jig with a floresent orange 1/16 oz jig head tipped with a wax or meal worm (depending on what I feel like), with a small light pink Kokanee jig 20" below it tipped with RAW popcorn shrimp. I don't know what the small jigs are called but if you stop by Hooked Fishing Tackle in Kaysville just tell James or Cory they're the ones I use at Causey. Bean (catches more than me usually) uses a 1/16 oz floresent green jig head with no body and a meal worm. JMIG used a white water cricket with white head and had no luck. HFT used these at Soldier Creek 2 weeks ago and slayed them. Do you have a fish finder? Most people fish the berry too shallow in my opinion, I like to fish deeper 20-40' for the bigger Cutts. My buddy Dan likes to fish shallow 10-15 ft of water, 4 ft down for bigger Bows. If you need more tips I'm sure other will will help. I'm no expert on the berry since I only fish it three or four times a year (ice only). HFT can you help out Bait Caster? Good Luck and let us know how it was.

IFG
[signature]