Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 1-30
Headed out to pineview this morning. I got off on a late start, didn't even get on the ice until 10:30. A snow plow was in the process of clearing off one of the pull offs so I was in luck and had a place to park. Getting down to the lake pretty much sucked. No one had fished this spot so there was no trail to follow. As soon as I got off where the plow had plowed, I sunk in up to my waist! Good thing it was down hill. I got to the ice and the first step..... slush, 6 in. of slush on the ice, oh boy, today is gonna suck, new spot, and a ton of slush. I drilled a hole through 11 in of ice and opened up my wax worms to tip my cast master and all were dead.... great! So mill worms will have to work. I moved out and out and out, finally caught one fish, grabbed the knife and used the perch eyes. After that i caught 15 perch, biggest was 9.25 in. the fishing slowed so i moved out again, nothing. Went back to one of my previous holes i had drilled closer to shore and bam, fish on. Let my line back down Bam! another. Drilled another hole for second pole and it didn't even have to hit the bottom. Caught a ton of fish for the next 2 hours. Was a blast, I caught over 100 little fish today. Most of the perch I caught from this spot were in the 4 to 5 in. range. I didn't feel like cutting up these little guys for all most nothing. I ended up bringing 43 home with me. So the fishing rocked, I had a blast on the ice even though my feet were wet and I had to go back up the steep hill in the waist deep snow. The ice auger came in handy on the way up. I laid it flat and stuck it in the snow and pulled myself back up the hill one step at a time. Turned out to be a pretty fun day.

Rabid Fisher
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You sure must like those perch to go through all of that! That climb back up did not sound like fun. Thanks for a great report! Send me your address and I'll mail you a BigFishTackle T-shirt for the effort![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Hey BLM, Thanks, I appreciate it. I love fishing and will do what ever it takes to do so.

Rabid Fisher
[signature]