Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 31 Jan 2006
Hit the berry today. At the pond at 0900 on the pond about an 3/4 of an hour later didn't know that we would have 9''? of snow should of took the sleds not the wheelers fought our way to the lake getting stuck about every 100 to 200 yards on Avg. Got on the ice it was snowing and made it very hard to see our past trails kept getting stuck just stopped and started fishing where we were.

Caught about 20 fish between the four of us we were in about 32' of water. Didn't fish where I wanted to but traveling on the lake was to tough in the deep snow. I saw fish swimming around on the aqua view and a ton of mug bugs. The bites were few and far between left about 1430 not a great day but fun. And after pushing and pulling the wheelers in the snow I already got my workout I don't have to go to the gym.
[signature]
Thanks for the report,can be tough for wheelers up there.What part of the lake did you fish?
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Last time I tap danced on the Berry (just over a week ago) we also lowered the cam. It then became clear that 90% of the bites came as aggression rather than hunger. Simply adding a stinger added highly to the amont of hook ups of those tassel tickling Cuts.
[signature]
How much snow total is sitting on top of the ice? They still plowing up there or the snow winning? Hoping to take up some family this weekend. We will have sleds, but worried about parking on Sat. more than anything! [Sad]
[signature]
SC side.
[signature]
The road is not plowed at all. The snow on the lake maybe 8''-10''+? not sure just a guess. But you only sink about 3'' to 5'' walking. Its the new snow over the last few storms that's a pain, after the weekend crowd packs it down some the access will get better.
[signature]
Go early I don't go on weekends, I hear parking is bad if you get there late.
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]Go early I don't go on weekends, I hear parking is bad if you get there late. [/size]
[/quote]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'll verify that! Saturday parking is the pits![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
What is a stinger?
[signature]
I believe he is talking about a stinger hook. which is an extra hook that is put on behind your jig.
[signature]
Right.. I commonly use 2.5"-4" tubes when ice jiggin' for Browns, Splake, Cuts or Tigers, etc... so when I add a "stinger" (to nail those short bites) I try and keep the stinger hiden within the tassels and about 1/2 way back into the tassels.. Commonly when I sweeten the deal (on say a 4" tube) I attach a 1/4-1/2" wide x 2" long strip of club skin to the lead hook and then attach the shin to the stinger.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There are several ways to rig stinger or "trap" hooks on lures. On jigs, you can use a larger eyed hook over the main hook, as shown in one of the accompanying pics. Or, when using tube jigs, you can rig with a "double hooker" setup (see pic).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Still a third way is to tie on a second hook (single or treble) with a short piece of monofilament. You can also have some pre-made up using mono, braided line or even wire. (see pic)[/#0000ff]
[signature]