Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 1/31
hooked up with beeman at 8 am and headed east. clear roads and smoooth sailin got up out of the valley and oh boy the sun was shining. got to rock cliff br. about 9-930 got unloaded and headed out on to the ice. or should i say slush[pirate] drilled the first set of holes about 200yrds from the ramp straight out. found out the batteries were dead for the buddy2.so on to fishing blind! zip zero nada couldn't buy a bite decided to move another 50 yards or so in the direction of the first cove across from the ramp got a few bites but no hookups. moved another 75 yards and it was on. bites were coming on every drop but no hook ups every time you would set the hook the fish would spit. it continued on like this all day. all told 5 bows were iced. 4 for beeman and 1 for me. not for lack of bites though we just couldnt seal the deal! but alas the worst day of fishing is still better than working. ice was 8-10 inches of good clear ice with 3 inches of slush 1 inch of crusty powder to top it off. big fish was 14 inches rest 10 -12 most came on green sparkle goo tipped plastics. also hits on mealies and sucker meat. got to meet "icesled" while we were up there. all in all a good trip with good folks also heard from one gent as we were leaving that someone in his party lost a 22 inch or so cutt.
[signature]
Hey Nugs, I was on Jordanelle today also. Lots of swing and miss action for sure. Those dinks are sure hard to hook. When I first started I was missing most of the hits, so I offset my hook point a little. I still missed alot, but the set to miss ratio went way up. To offset your point just bend the point a little one way or the other so it isnt right in line with shaft of the hook. Seemed to work, but it may have all been in my head. [crazy] Oh well, sure was a great day on the ice. Guess I should stop staring down a hole and meet some folks.

later
Chester
[signature]
good tip as a matter of fact the one i iced bent the hook off set maybe thats how i hooked him[pirate] lol gonna try long roddin the open water tommorow i'm a glutton for punishment.
[signature]