Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone at Jordanelle today. 2/3/06
I am thinking about going to Jordanelle (Rockcliff) in the morning for a few hours. Just wondering how the ice depth is, and also the slush conditions are. I can handle the slush, but afraid the kiddies that are coming wont be able too. And also need to know the ice depth due to a possible participant tomorrow and his fear of standing on 6 or less inches of ice.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Just got back from fishing off the docks at Hailstone. Ice 4-6", 2" of slush. I understand ice is about the same at Rock Cliffs, but the trout fishing is better at Rock Cliffs.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fished from 1 PM to 3:30 PM with TubeBabe and Coldfooter. Fished from 17' to 50'. Trout were moving through about 20'. Coldfooter got a 15" rainbow and two big chubs. I got two rainbows in that range, and we all had a few hits we did not hook.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My trout both came on white bait bugs and wax worms. Coldfooter's on white jig head and minnow.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Ice was plenty strong for three large people standing fairly close, but not by next week.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Fished Rock Cliff yesterday in the afternoon till about 5 pm. Caught twelve rainbows about 12 inches long. Ice was about 8 inches with slush about 4 inches. Fish seem to hit about anything you put down.
[signature]
Papabaru and I fished Rockcliff today. Ice thickness should be no problem 8-5 inches everywhere we went. Slush is another story. Lots of it. Really sloppy. There are places where it isnt as bad on the shallow/east end. South and east of the ramp looked the best, but there is still 3" of slush under the snow. As you move farther west it just gets worse. Three inches of very watery slush. Fishing was considerably slower than Tues. I caught 26 trout, and one perch (the last one in Jordanelle). Papabaru caught more. Fish were all small. A few went 14 inches.

hope this helps
Mark
[signature]
Good to here the ice is getting solid . There was a hole over by the docks last week and several other places . Ice changed thickness ever step I went last week . From 4" to 2.5" with 8" of white stuff on top . Spooky at best but it paid off . Dang perch are hard to find for sure .
[signature]
[cool]I thought we were supposed to be busting out of this heat wave and getting back to "normal" cooler temps all next week?[unsure] I hope so because there is one little "spot"[Wink] at Utah Lake that I wanted to go next Saturday p.m. to nail some crappie and 'gils at. Hope it gets colder next week like I heard a few days ago. If not, then I guess I'll go try to find some 'eyes around Lindon from my tube.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Latest I heard was warm and sunny next week. What the heck is "normal".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm lookin' at both Willard and Utah Lake next week. Even semi-planning a run to Blue Lake about Thursday. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool]Blue Lake sounds fun! Lucky you, 'Dude! You know we'll expect a full photojournalist (is that a word?) report, Pat! Good luck out there!
[signature]