Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 2-3-06
Met up with P4L and BLM at 7:30am and headed up to pineview. Our plan was to park at the port ramp marina and take the snowmobiles over to an area and do some perch a crappie fishing. First glance at the road leading to the marina we knew we could have problems getting down there but we decided to "go for it",bad choice. We where stuck for an hour and a half. Finally after getting out and parking our trucks up on the main road we unloaded the snowmobiles and headed to the ice. It looked weak at the edges so we tested it before we drove the machines on to the ice. Good thing we checked first I broke threw and was standing in water up to my knees. We loaded the machines back up on the trailer and found a place we could walk on to the ice with alittle help from BLM's snow bridge (see pic 1 & 2). Two and a half hours later we where finaly on the ice and fishing. We landed quite afew perch and about 21 crappies. BLM and P4L schooled me on the crappies but after some coaching I should do better next time.
[signature]
it was good to fish with you guys again. its been to long mike. after the excitement of the morning it did turn out to be a good day of fishing. i caught my first crappie ever and even pulled in a double crappie. to bad you couldn't of caught more mike. hey wheres the pic of my crappie mike?
[signature]
Take another look at the pictures. My computer started running slow so I posted before I was finished loading pics then went back and added more so I didn't loose every thing.
[signature]
Dam Mike , I didn't think you ever fished for panfish . Way to go on the crappie . I have yet to find any .
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Tons of fun! Great fishing with you guys![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Glad to hear you guys got into the fish. I was wondering where you guys caught the crappie and what you were using. Thinking about hitting pineview in the morning. Thanks,

Rabid Fisher
[signature]
[cool] Hey Petty,

Much nicer fish than we got last Saturday. To bad you guys had such bad luck at first. Although it ended on a good note. Nice report

RILEY
[signature]
Will be there in the morning, fishing in the narrows. Hopefully catching too!
[signature]
[cool]That's pretty cool that you guys were able to find the crappies at Pineview. From what I've read, you guys are one of the few that have found them this year.

Hey Mike, what's this you chasing after small warm water fish?? I thought they were against your fishing religion?[Tongue]
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip! I drove past and saw BLM and the IFG on the ice today. I didn't go because I was up snow caving with the local kids. It was fun, but I think fishing would have been funner!
[signature]
I go after the pan fish once maybe twice a year. I have caught enough to last me untill next ice season,so untill then they are all yours.
[signature]
Hey what general area of the lake did u find the crappies?

thanks,

J
[signature]