Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 2/4/05
OEJ, his wife and kids and my wife hit rockcliff this morning. Solid 8 inches of ice where we were at. Fished in 33 feet of water. I got shut out, but OEJ did well along with his wife. Seemed the slush froze enough to make it a non factor today. Ran into alot of BFTers and spoke with a bunch more on the radio. Chartrueses and glows seemed to be the ticket, tipped with meal worm. no perch, just small trout.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a tough day Rob. Were the other groups catching many fish? Or was it nickle and diming them?
[signature]
Fished Jordanelle today with Papabaru, and it was rather slower than the previous trips this week. Morning started out average 3-4 fish per hour and then got slower and slower. i caught 6 or 7 trout and two perch.

The best part of the day was seeing the BFT crowd. Met Ken, and got to talk to The Bomb, Pike Man, Ice Sled, and Polo. Saw OEJ and his wife with their kids. Kids were having a blast sliding down the ramp. Fishing was slow, but somehow that wasn't what it was all about today. Just a great day to be out and about.

Chester
[signature]
Yeah nice to hear from you again polokid. It was a slower day for me. I ended up with 15 Perch and catching about 15 (13-15 inch) slimmers. I fished in about 39 feet of water. I think the storm front had alot fish looking but not biting. Polo let me know if you decide to have a party or get together this winter or summer. You know me I like to help;(Me and my wife). Go Fish. Pikeman
[signature]
It was nice to meet you Chester and also Pikeman and his son. We caught some small trout and Tincanfsh caught a few perch. I didn't manage to catch any catfish bait (aka perch).
[signature]