Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECHO REPORT
Took my 3 year old daughter out for the first time fishing. We fished Echo and had a blast. Started at 3:00 and fished until 5:30. Fished in 25',35',45', and 60'. Caught fish in all places. Small to medium perch. It was most productive in the deeper water but all fish brought up had their swim bladders in their mouth by the time they came up. Saw nice groups of Trout swimming mid water in the 15' to 25' range. Only hooked into two and both were lost. Felt like nice fish but both were on a "Scooby Doo" fishing pole with my 3 year old fighting them as you can imagine the line eventually broke after the fish banging around the hole a number of times. All in all caught about 30 fish and the pole was always bouncing once it hit bottom in the deeper water. I hope to go back out and try for the trout. The two we hooked were on perch eyes and seemed like nice fish.

tightline
[signature]
I am taking a few first timers out on Sat. We had planned to go to Pineview, however it sounds like Echo migh tbe a better deal. Would youmind telling me where you were on Echo?

Thanks

fdg
[signature]
FD, I don't ever think you can go wrong taking kids to Pinview so long as you go early in the morning. I do a yearly trip with a neice and nephew and that is all they talk about all year. I just was hoping for somewhere to catch some trout and still a guaranteed catch for the little one. As for Echo I was at the first pull off after the Echo resort if you are heading toward the damn. The walk to the ice is a little crazy at first with big rocks. I don't think I would do it with kids if there was ice or snow on them. Once I was at the bottom I just headed straight out and put my sonar in all the holes that were predrilled along the way to see what was down there. Every hole had perch on the bottom but didn't see much for trout until I was out in 40'+ of water.

tightline
[signature]

We also hit Echo on sunday,ran into Icefishgod,watched him and his buds rip them in for an hour before they picked up and went home.Amazing what 20' difference does on the ice,we caught three fish in the hour,then moved into their holes and lost track of how many we caught.
IFG What did you dump down those holes??? Just kidden.
We parked by the boat ramp and walked straight off the ramp,easy walk.
Excellent place for rookies and kids. Cory caught a vey nice trout also.
Have fun walking on water!!!