Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Muskie
Hey all,

I know that The tigers are a hybrid fish and it is to my understanding that hybrid fish cannot reproduce. Thus the case of the wiper post. My qustion is does anyone know how many tigers they plant in Pineview and Newton and if they do it once a year, twice a year every quarter?

Thank ini advance to anybody that can anwser that for me.
[signature]
I thought you may want to know that tiger muskies to happen naturaly between pike and muskie

pike and muskies of the same size will inhabit the same breeding grounds at the same time. thus fertilizing each other's eggs, so if you have a lake that suports both pike and muskie there is no way of being able to predict any numbers or head counts on the hybred.
[signature]
You can always get that info from the DWR. I dont know what the numbers are, but due to the short life span of those fish in our lattitude they have to keep up a pretty regular stocking program. I believe the maximum life span for those fish here in our area is 7-10 years. But the plus side is they grow faster.
[signature]
Thanks Dave, I knew what they was a hybred of but as for the lakes here we dont have pike and muskie so they have to plant them. Does anyone know if there are any lakes in utah that have pike or muskie?
[signature]
I know Pineview has Tiger Muskie (see pic in my sig) I have heard Utah Lake has a very scarce population of Pike. I know there are one or two more that have Muskie, but cant think of them off the top of my head.
[signature]
Never fished for Pike in Utah , but heard they are in Redmond , Yuba , Green River and Lake Powell .Never heard of Muskies in Utah , except tigers .
[signature]
[size 2]Ditto to the above post. I've caught pike, but there are no muskies here.[/size]

[size 2]Here's the state record pike caught out of Yuba. But there are so few of them in there it's not worth the time to target them--you just pick them up occasionally when walleye fishing.[/size]

[Image: pike.jpg]

[size 2]Now is the best time of the year to target them in Redmond or the Green River.[/size]
Nice fish, when was it caught? WH2
[signature]
what the best way to fish for pike in utah?
[signature]
Caught one while fishing for crappie through the ice at Willard a couple years ago. Boy that was a surprize!

tightline
[signature]
caught a muskie at willard through the ice? hmmmm i would report that. someone at anglers mentioned they might have ran down stream by now but i havent heard of a confirmed report yet.
[signature]
Hey Harold,

These are the lakes i know of and rivers. Lake powell, redmond, yuba, utah lake and the green have pike in them or rumoured to have them. not in specifice order or quantity of fish just waters i have heard or know they exist. mill meadows, newton, pineview, bullock, cottonwood res are the known muskie waters. I hope this helps.
[signature]
I heard that rumor before ! I even heard they were in the 21st pond . Just spreading rumors !!!!!!!! If I caught one out of Willard I think I would notify the DWR or State parks people . It could of been one of the small planters that was let out of the dam . They did drain it down for a couple of years as I recall .
[signature]
I should have been a little more clear I caught a Pike out of Willard a couple years ago. I have never caught a Muskie anywhere but Pineview. I have caught two different nice Brown Trout out of Willard as well. I think some fish find there way to places and survive good or bad.

Tightline
[signature]
Hey X-man Thanks for the info.
[signature]
When you say pike I'm guessing you mean walleye? WH2
[signature]
[reply]
When you say pike I'm guessing you mean walleye? WH2 [/reply]
[signature]