Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carolina Skiff
I am brand new to this web site and I would like to talk to anyone who knows anything good or bad about the Carolina Skiff. The web site is impressive but before I drive to Georgia to look at them I would like to have some input from someone that knows or is experienced with the skiff. Thank you
[signature]
welcome to BFT pogamill. It might help us if you have a size in mind and what kind of water you'll be useing it on. I've used a small one to fish bays and harbors in and found it a very dry boat to fish out of. we only had a 9.9 moter so I can't tell you if it is a kidney pounder or not. Tomc has been thinking about one as well. He may have more info on this boat than me.
[signature]
welcome pogamill,gdn443 is right i have done my research on them along with many others.and carolina skiffs are at the top.i like the quility,ride,and layouts they fit my needs and wants very well.thje company is more than generouse on giving information on their product.i know a few people that own them,on have heard of no major problems.since all companys have minor problems time to time.the owners had no problems getting things resolved,and they act if this was the only boat out there.if your looking at any other companys,i would strongly recomend to stay away from proline.my buddy has one bought new.one year after,problems started,the jellcoar started cracking around the supports for his top,transom cracked on both sides of the motor.steering probems and recntly electical..all of these have been fixed,with no help from proline.i think what really got me is this boat was a package deal motor ,boat,trailerthe motor is a 200hp johnson.and their reason for the transom cracking,the motor was too big for the boat!you did the right thing on comming to this site and asking questions,that what were are here for,i would look at more companies to make sure you are getting what you want,for how you plan on using it.it is also worth while to look at used boats,many good deal out there.but remember that buying a boat is alittle differnt than a car,if you breakdown,you cant walk to the nearest gasstation,lol,good luck on your venture and let us know how you make out,this is only part of the fun in owning a boat the planning ang searching stage
[signature]
Thanks for the replies. The water will be small to mid-sized reservoirs [size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]and lakes. I will be trolling and jigging so I want stability. I went to the boat show today and I did not see any there. I am in Utah and that is probably[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size] why, I did see a similar[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size] boat. The Triumph a plastic foam filled boat and it is quite a bit more but they have a dealer locally. Still looking and a bit Confused maybe I will have to go to Georgia and look.
[signature]
pogamill,i picked up a bourcher from our local sporting show.if you pm me with your address.i would be happy to send it to you.also can go to [url "http://www.dovermarine.com"]www.dovermarine.com[/url] even though they are in new hampshire you can see some boats to get an idea
[signature]