Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long Have you Fly fished
Just wondering how long you have been loosing flys in the trees.
[signature]
23 for me
[signature]
[signature]
I have been fishing all my life with the snake river in my back yard, but fly fishing for 18 yrs and tying about 20.
[signature]
21 years for me, started at 8 yrs old.
[signature]
About 8 years on the fly but was tagging along behind my dad at Greys River when I was three.
[signature]
I would have to say 6+ years and have absolutely loved every moment of it.
[signature]
I've owned a fly rod and reel for several years. I tried to teach myself by reading books and visiting the local rivers. I even caught one fish one time! I'm not a flyfisher, but I am taking the fly fishing class at Davis High and that will make all the difference in the world.
[signature]
15! Teaching you self to fly fish Is frustrating but possible

Trent
[signature]
I pretty much taught myself to fly fish and i can hang with some tough customers. lol You just need the right start and a willing desire. 6 years
[signature]
I picked up fly fishing when I was 12. I bought a cheap junker rod and loved the idea that I could watch fish hit my fly. Of course it didn't happen very often. I then learned to tie flies. After that it was downhill. I got a floattube and it became an addiction. So it's been 13 years of bliss. Each year I learn something new and try new things for different fish. Last year it was wipers on the fly. Carp have been a riot....but a big brown on a streamer would hook anyone. Fly fishing is next to a religious experience. Ahhhh!
[signature]
Been fishing all my life, but this is my 4th year with a fly rod. Self taught. Also taught myself how to tie flys in the last year and a bit. Catching majority of my fish on my own ties.
[signature]
I am 16 years old and I started fly fishing whn I was 4-5 and started tying flies at 6-7. Fly Fishing for Trout is what I really love, I am growing up with The Henrys Fork less than ten minutes from my house, and boy oh boy is it sweet. I try to make it out 2-3 or more times a week andso far it is going great!
[signature]
I've been out on a river tossing a fly with my father since I was 6 years old, so about 22 years ago. I've been fly fishing seriously for the last 6 years now.
[signature]
25 plus.
[signature]
Started at 8 with a bamboo rod saved from the trash. A level floating line and a handful of wet flies.
Then the Herters catalog was my bible. The picture plates of flies are what I tried to imitate as I tied.
At the age of 23 I started guiding and teaching for Orvis in Manchester and later for the Orvis shop in Lake Placid I did that for about 12 years. Now I flyfish about 30% of the time, troll and cast the rest of the time.
I fish Salt, shallow and deep, streams, lakes and rivers with a fly.
[signature]
about two weeks on the fly for me. only got 8 small as hell bluegil
[signature]