Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Fishing Tournament
We at the Utah Lake Anglers Club are measuring the interest in a fishing tournament on Utah Lake. The purse size will depend on the level of participation, but we know that there would be a good chance of an angler recouping all his costs (gas, entry, etc.) and winning some prize money.

To make the tournament fun and fast-paced, it would probably be a carp-only tournament.

The goal would be to have an attractive enough purse to attract anglers from all over the southwest.

If you would be interested in such an event, please respond to this post with your name and email address.
[signature]
Welcome aboard Stevenator! Just a friendly reminder that if you have enough expressed interest and decide to follow through with the tourney, make sure you follow the appropriate steps of acquiring a COR from the UDWR. Info on fishing contests may be found on page 5 of the 2006 Fishing Proclamation.
[#505000]Ahh a cause worth to draw my attention..... Too bad I won't fish a tournament. I used to paintball until I started doing tournaments for me persoanlly it took all the fun out of the sport and I eventually gave it up. I don't want to do that to fishing. Good luck in your venture and I hope you get a huge showing to clean those slimy buggers out.[/#505000]
[signature]
Sounds like fun! When are you planning on doing this? What would the entry fee be? I have interest not to win just to enjoy being apart of it.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you don't want to be a part of a group competition, how about a friendly little good 'ol boys carp slaughtering get together? No rules, no prizes, no penalties, just lots of arrows, blood and guts.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Does that appeal to your baser instincts?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Just to give us an idea on payout...what percentage of the entry fees will be paid back as prize money?
[signature]
There are still a ton of details to be discussed. As far as payout, this would be a non-profit, so we'd pay out 100% of what we raised from entry and sponsors.

The general consensus is that a carp tournament on Utah Lake would get the greatest response if a bounty was paid to every sportsman, regardless of how many fish he captured. That way there are alot more winners. Of course those with the most fish could win much larger prizes, but at lease all of us could cover our costs.

That's my line of thought up to this point. Of course, this may need to get started with a bunch of buddies doing it for free and spreading the word what a great day it was.
[signature]