Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 2-9
I just got back from Pineview. I got there about 4 pm. Air temp was near 30, ice was about 16" thick. The edges were solid! I fished off Cemetery Point and had the whole place to myself. I used glow Rat Finkee with a mealworm, caught one 5" perch in two hours. When the sun went down, the temperature went down.

I was feeling sort of grumpy about one little fish, then I looked at the moon. It was nearly full, a dark sky, no clouds. The blue shadows had crept across the white snow and up the mountains. Only the peaks were bright pink. I sat in my truck, eating my hot soup and letting my face thaw out (I like that sensation) when I reflected on the moose and coyote I saw on the way up, the cold, clean air, the crunch of the snow, the peace of the mountains in winter. I put in my Herb Albert CD and drove home. Fishing is not just about catching fish.
[signature]
Bummer about the fishing, but I like your attitude about the trip. Sometimes just the solitude makes it all worth while. Better luck on the catching next time.
[signature]
I like the way you put that into words. Isn't this earth we live on great. I agree with you totally. Its not just about the fishing thats just a plus.