Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobct down in Texas, Lake Fork
Wet, cold and windy (North at 30+) today. Even Bob was really cold, so cold he said the coffee he had at lunch was the best he ever tasted (he also said that he was so cold that warm skunk urine would have tasted good at that point). [Image: wink.gif] [Image: biggrin.gif] Oh well, we figured it beats the blizzard you'll be getting in a couple days!

Anyhow, the bass cooperated a little and Bob had 7 chunks on the spinnerbait and lost one that was pulling drag. 6-02 was his biggest and all were 3 or bigger. I had 6 more chunks on jigs, traps and spinners. Lows in the 20s tonight and highs in low 40s tomorrow, our coldest day in over a month. Might be a little tough again tomorrow. No doubt, it will be another fun day with Bob though! [Image: beerchug.gif]
[signature]
[Image: 060210bobfay.jpg]
[signature]
bass fishing in the middle of feb. who would have thunk it...

we could do that here in mich in jan, but mich passed a not target law for bass on the off seasons. not even catch and release.

I think it is a good idea, it gives them a chance to get dumb again so they will go after our favoirte plugs again....

btw... nice hog......
[signature]
After having a few beers at the house, he told me he worked as hard down there with 35 degree temps as we work up here in november. Boat he rented was substanderd but the guide was awesome.
[signature]
unless you are showing off super modles who cares what the boat looks like, lets get to the fishing...[Tongue]
[signature]
The boat was a 16' tracker. More than we all need. But came with 35lb thrust that had him going backwards and steering that took both hands and arm muscles to steer. With 20-30 mph winds he wasn't happy.[Sad] But the fishing was great.[Smile]
[signature]
sounds like time to get new cables or at least rework them and thier uninons. maybe even greese the pivit on the motor might help.. or at least un lock it...LOL hate when I forget to do that...

but like you said who cares when the fishing is good.... just so long as I am not the one driving it...LOL
[signature]