Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrrry report 2-11
Arrived at the Berry this morning at sunup to a very toasty -27 degrees! Yup, you read that right - 27! Holy crap it was cold! Luckily the snowmobile fired right up, and we were off to the fishin' hole! The ice is a very thick 20+ inches, so no worries there. No slush to be seen, but lots of powdery snow on the ice. I think ATV's would do fine around the marina and just past haws, but once the sleds break the main track, it would be all over. There was about 14 inches of powdery snow on the ice which would eat an ATV for lunch. We had an OK day, just nickled and dimed them all day long. Nothing over the slot, and a couple under the slot. Quite a few pretty cutts, and no bows. White with glow was the best today. They wouldn't really touch chartruesse. Was a nice day, the wind did blow slightly, thank goodness for the tent, and the parking lot wasn't too crowded. Sure beats work!
[signature]
nice report tkb
we are headed there in the morning.
taking wheelers with, so you don't think it would
be wise to take them.
hope to get some of them nasty cutts.
thanks for sharing.
[signature]
I think you should take them, as you can get away from the big crowds, but I don't think you can get too far past haws with them. I didn't check towards the narrows, or north towards mud creek though. Good luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
I too hit the Berry today at first light. I thought it was only -24 degrees. But really, how much difference is there. It was cold enough that the seat on the snowmobile cracked when I sat down for the cold ride out. My wife, friends DJ and Jessica, and I went south to Renegade. We fished the enterance to Indian Creek Bay. It was very cold, the snow was very deep, and the fishing was very slow compared to prior trips. We did land 23 fish all under the slot with several at 21+ inches. All in all it was a good day once we made it to the spot and started the artificial sun. We left around 2pm.
[signature]
It sure was bitter cold. We got there about 0730, and I've never been in that cold of weather! Those artificial suns sure can help a lot. We broke ours out, but when that breeze picked up, it was time to bust out the ice shack! How deep were you guys fishing?
[signature]
Dang! We made a close run - only went to East Canyon. It was a whoppin' -1 up there. But the fishing was pretty slow. Glad you had a good trip and caught some fish!
[signature]