Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield saturday 2-11
Well got there at 830am and man was it cold!!Even my sled dog wimped out on me!!![Tongue] I ended up pushing my own sled with her on it![laugh] I went with my wife and a freind who moved here from san diego and this was his first time on the ice.I didnt promise him we would catch anything since i still dont know much about ice fishing .We started fishing in a good spot and there was a lot of fish traffic coming thru.Itwas 17 feet and the fish were suspended between 10-12 feet of the bottom.We didnt end up catching anything for dinner but at least my freind had a great experience on the ice.There was about 12 inches of snow and about 24 inches of ice were we was.People around us were catching fish and as we were leaving i talked to some othere who were having better luck than us.I also taled to a guy that was in a group of about 4 and they only caught one fish so we didnt feel that bad that we werent the only ones skunked out there![sly]
[signature]
No bites, or couldn't hook them?
[signature]
We just couldnt hook them.[pirate] I even set Lisa up with a strike detector and still she had problems hooking up.The bites were not that soft either.They would whack your bait once and leave it alone.We still havent developed the feel for ice fishing maybe with more outings we will get the hang of it.The fish came in big schools like ery 10-30 minutes.I am going to fish that part of scofield next time i go there was a lot of action in that area.
[signature]
I was wondering if you made it up there today. I hope you found it a little warmer at Schofield than it was at the berry. Glad you had a good time.
[signature]
Oh we had a great time even though we didnt catch anything.The temp was really cold in the morning tilll about 10am.Then it got nice and the sun was out all day and the wind didnt start blowing till 2pm when we left.
[signature]
Thanks for the Scofield report. I usually icefish Scofield but haven't even made it up this winter. My wife is wanting me to take her, too, so we'll give 'er a try.
[signature]
One thing about scofield is that there wasnt much fishing pressure like the berry usually gets and the ice was a solid 20 inches plus.And you didnt have to walk far to get into the fish .Those are the reasons my wife liked it there.We will be out there agin first weekend in march.
[signature]
Has anyone checked out the creek below the dam? Is it iced over? I would like to get up there and fish it as soon as its ice free but I know last year it froze up pretty tight.... Hey Ocean, if you make it up there again or if anyone else does, will you guys let me know how the creek is? Thanks.[cool] Its just a long drive for me to go to check an iced up river..... since I don't ice fish at all either, the lake wouldn't be productive for me.
[signature]
As i went over the dam the river below was running fast! I dont think it would ice over with as much water as was flowing out the dam.
[signature]
Great, thats music to my ears.... I love fishing that river there. I've caught some nice browns out of there. Anyway, enough about that. I may have to make a run up there.... How were the roads up to the state park?? Are they clear or were they icy?? I wonder if the river further down is iced where it slows in the bends and that.... Its supposed to snow here shortly according to the usually incorrect weathermen we have to depend on so that probably cuts out this weekend... [mad] Bummer. Maybe in March... Its been a while and I miss that place...
[signature]
The roads were fine but the state park is closed.Its all snowed in!! Theres probably going to be a lot of snow after this weekend.
[signature]