Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 02/11 also on soft water
Hit Jordanelle today with my three kids about 2 PM and fished until about 5. Beautiful weather to fish in, not much W and open water on the south end and about 2/3 of the Provo arm. We trolled T-50 flatfish for browns in the Provo arm and caught two. One 2-3 lbs and the pictured which was 27" long and 15.5 around, still swimming of course. I found the most fish when over about 75 feet of water.
[inline 100_0043_2.jpg]
[signature]
Wow, that is a very nice fish, are you sure it was only 27 inches, or did I read your post wrong? 27 inches 15.5 lbs?
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Wow, I have never fished Jordanelle, but I think that you might have just changed my mind on that . Very nice fish.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
27" long - 15.5" around, a nice fat brown. Probably weighed somewhere around 7 lbs.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]That is a nice brown! I have yet to catch one there, but hopefully that will change this year.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
That is a great brown! Your little one looks like he's working hard to keep that dawg in the air! You sure have a knack for finding the bigger fish! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Oh, I see, around = girth, when I looked at your kid holding the fish, I was thinking you were saying the fish was around 15.5 lbs. I thought that was strange, for someone to say around and then say an uneven number like 15.5. With your daughter holding the fish it looks like it could be 15 lbs. WH2
[signature]
GREAT FISH.
In your pic I can see your rod and reel in the back ground. I'm looking for a good rod and reel for trolling. If you don't mind me asking what do you use?
[signature]
Smalls-

The reel you see in the backround is a Daiwa Sealine SG47LCA Line Counter. I have a few of those and some Penn's also. I like the line counter model when trolling back from the downrigger a ways, as I'll try different distances back until I start getting fish. Then set them at that magic distance back. I tried various line counter reels, most felt kind of flimsy, until I got these Daiwa's, I have been very happy with them and recommend them. The rod is a Cabela Depthmaster which I like as well.
[signature]
I just got a Cabelas depthmaster line counting reel but have yet to try it out. It sounds like you like the Daiwa. I'm getting a new reel this week for my trolling pole. Thats why I asked what you had. I'm looking to try new things. Made the Daiwa will be the ticket. Anyway thanks for the INFO.
[signature]
every nice brown. going to have to get there this year.
[signature]