Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield was a blast
went to scofield saturday morning, got on the ice about 8:00am. drilled and set up, and was catching fish with in the first five minutes.
used my sonar for the first time (thankfully to a host of gracious helpers from this web site) we were using mealworms on ice flies, and iced probably 15.
no real size though, but my boy wanted to eat this small one and my dad took one home to eat.
we where in 18feet of water. wish we took minnows,or something alittle hardier, because every bite ment the loss of bait, they where hungry and were caught on every color of fly.
they were moving in schools and staying suspended at about 13feet.
[signature]
in the second picture , thats my brother in the background . we thought he was being attacked by a tiger trout, but it was just a 6" rainbow
[signature]
That's one of the better reports I've head come out of there all winter! The big S has been tough this year. Thanks for the update.
[signature]
great report. the best one of the year so far.
how thick is the ice and how much snow on top.
[signature]
a good 24" of ice and probably 10''of snow.
plus it was 7 below until the sun came out good, then it was t shirt weather till about 2
[signature]
Glad you had a fun trip. Even better- to hear you enjoyed that new fish finder! [Tongue]

Cool stuff and thanks for sharing.
[signature]
oh what a difference it made. don't quite know alot about it's functions yet, but with what it did for us that day made the trip even funner.
I guess my dad and brother tried to go up this morning, but turned around in the canyon, due to the wind and snow.
[signature]