Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Reel?
What is everyones favorite reel? I own a Galvan Torque, and from my experience there is nothibg even close. I have used orvis, sage, ross etc.. I love the ultra smooth drag of all Galvans, but especially the Torque. I love this reel!
[signature]
Well I have two, the Orvis LA and the CFO (spring / pawl) The Galvan is a nice reel though.
[signature]
How do you like your orvis LA? Everyone I know that has it loves it.
[signature]
Lets put it this way, I have one #I (for my two weightand wished I had more for my boo and super fines) two #II plus 6 spools and two #III and 5 spools. The ol' man has four #III and he is a Hardy fan. I also have several mid arbors, but they are a little bit heavier so I use them on my 6 wt. I love LA (isn't that a song?)[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]My first reel was a SA 1 456. My last acquistion was a Orvis Battenkill MA. Probably my next reel will also be an Orvis product. I guess it is a matter of what ever reels you on. lol[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
The torque is a good looking reel for sure. What size did you get? A little bit heavier than the LA but I doubt even noticeable. Did you get that black or the antique-bronze (I'll bet the bronze) and what kind of drag (looks like a bauer drag thing)? Gotta love it![sly]
[signature]
I got the Torque 5 (5-6 weight) I got the Bronze to match the rod it is on. Its drag does not rely on cork or ball bearings, but it still incredibly smooth. I love Galvan and wouldn't buy anything else.
[signature]
Right on! Galvan was my first choice before I went to work for Orvis.
[signature]
My LRH. Simple but elegant.
[signature]
Bauer or Ross
[signature]
mine would be the phlueger medalist,its an inexpensize but tough reel.
[signature]
My Ross Evolution, then my Orvis Battenkill.
[signature]