Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
commercial fisherman gets compensated with an encounter with a submarine
i am really suprised this dos'nt happen more often [url "http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=4540780"]www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=4540780[/url]
[signature]
I missed that one in the news. Your right, I'm surprised it hasn't happened before. I know we had one come up next to us years ago outside of New London. [shocked] [crazy]
[signature]
I missed it too, I bet it dose happen more often than is reported. it is just few report about it. the compensation is fair, why complain...LOL

I emagin that most of the subs are on tactical manovers and the gov dosent want any one to know when and where a sub has been reportedly tagged.

did you see it on the bbc network?
[signature]
no,this happened in our local waters
[signature]
I can't blame the navy on that one. We where sailing outside of groton, but it still was a surprise. They have to be good.LOL
[signature]
I am sure it was in our waters,

what I was saying is that our subs go down and stay down for 6 months with out surfacing.

I was going to sign up with the navy to go down on one of those subs, my ears kept me from getting in. since I missed the draft I had a choice of military services to go in, that is if it werent for my hearing impedament and life long infection. two things they dont want in a submerged atmosphere for six months.

there must have been something else wrong with me too, I passed the phycie test and still was willing to crawl in to a tin can for six months...LOL
[signature]