Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcliffs Report Feb.25th
It was a slow day for me and the bomb. We managed to get 5 Rainbows and 28 Perch, and a 22 inch German Brown. Approx. 100 ft. pass the bouys. Sorry no digital camera to show the proof. It looked like Salt Lake City up there today. A few being caught, but there was alot of people with none. The parking lot was vacuum packed and I mean vacuum sealed packed. I had to wait till 3 to find room to go home. Pikeman Go Fish
[signature]
[cool]Nice report. At least you also got into a nice german brown today too. As for being jam packed, I'm sure the hailstone area will be that way tomorrow and next weekend too after the recent successes by TubeDude and Tubebabe (see their report for proof). Looks like Lake X is the place to get the perch this year (if you can find them that is...gotta have a good fishfinder or be damn lucky).
[signature]
Crossed paths with Pikeman coming off the ice. That was one incredible brown! Really nice fish. One of the best fish I have seen all year. Four pound test! Must have been quite the fight. Congrats!

We fished about 100 yards south of the bouys and almost on the west edge. It was the only place we could find fish, and it was somewhat slow there. Just wasnt a fast day. We all caught fish, but not as many as past weeks. There was a big group of about 30 people out around one of the bouys. They would whoop it up when they caught a fish. For that many lines down, they didn't catch very many fish. Still a great day on the ice. Temps were warm, and a good time had by all. May have to miss some work in the next few weeks, as the ice won't last forever.

Chester
[signature]
Nice job on the Brown.
That group was probably the BOW women. They are in a womens outdoor class learning to fish, hunt, shoot, clean game and camp. It's a great program. I saw the article in todays Tribune and knew it was the rock creek arm they were fishing. The article said they would woop it up whenever a fish was caught.

The nice thing about Jordenelle is it's size. You can go quite a ways if you are careful. Try out past the first point north of the ramp for less pressured fish.
[signature]