Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tying the egg
Would anyone like to give me instructions or a web link on how to tie an egg pattern?

I went on my first fly fishing trip in UT with a fly class, it was cold and really fun, exept it would have been funner if I would have caught something.

Thanks,
Dan
[signature]
Need to know what kind of egg pattern you are interested in. There is the glow bug which is a yarn egg (easy to tie, not sure about trying to explain) then there is the bead egg and the hot glue egg. Let us know and I am sure one of us can answer you. By the way, good work with the vets.
[signature]
heres a site that has step by step instructions for all flys great for everyone beginner to the advaced [url "http://www.flyanglersonline.com/main.html"]www.flyanglersonline.com/main.html[/url] look for marabou spawn sac
[signature]
Thank you Flygoddess, I am disabled myself, by the military, so anyone I can help get their benefits through the VA makes me feel good.

The type of egg I wanted to tie is the yarn egg, although the hot glue egg might be interesting to tie also. Congrats on becoming a member of the Mod squad, you will find a lot of good people running their boards.
[signature]
thank you tomc, interesting site.
[signature]
I'm gussing your Navi's class at Davis. If James at hooked is still helping out and you get a chance stop into his shop and get him to help you out. He'll be glad to

Trent
[signature]
Yes, I was in Navi's class, and I will stop and talk with James and see if he could give me a quick lesson.
[signature]
Yesterday I played around with hot glue eggs. I found that if I made a small bead with a darker color then covered it with a lighter color it looks pretty amazing, especially underwater. I will see if I can get a pic on here soon.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Now that is probably one fly [if you can call it that] that I could see to make. Guess that I would have to replace my glue gun which has been lying in a draw for years. In those days [ancient time] glue sticks seem to come in only one color. Red or yellow eggs should draw some attention.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]