Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring smallie spawning historical lake temp at the Nelle?
Where could I get a good source for what the historical lake temp has been during the spring smallie spawn at the Nelle? Don't want to keep 'em, just catch a few bronzies, release 'em quick, let 'em get back to guarding those nests. Grin till I ache, sleep well that night. Thanks. BIGnsmallie
[signature]
I dont know how detailed of information you may get off the Jordanelle archive board here on BFT. But it may be a good start to find the answer to you question.
[signature]
They don't spawn untill the runoff is over its not the temp....

[signature]
Normally the smallies will hit the beds after the full moon in the spring. The water has to be over 55 degrees. You will also catch greenfish their as well. The Largemouth will be on beds first. If they are on beds... hit Deer Creek also. That lake has tons of fish and the flats are all over the place!
[signature]
The first full or new moon close to the first of June...
The water will be around 58 to 62 ....main lake temp....

The smalles at the george go on the spawn at the same time....

The bass at Powell start about middle of April and the lakes like Sand and Quail and Gunlock about then......

[signature]
Bassrods has it right on the nose. His dates couldn't anymore accurate unless their is early or late runoff. Runoff can raise the water level at Jordanelle as much as 20 feet in less than a week.

[signature]
I've never fished the X during the spawn, but I have at deer creek and the first of june I seen alot of smallie's on beds. later chuck
[signature]
thanks uteye and to everyone else for sharing their smallie spawn info. New job now = little time to get back to BFTers and thank them, much less time to fish any of the solid water tops this year (haven't been once)[mad]

But I'm sure looking forward to June,now! Thanks again to everyone: I hope to repay the favor some day.

tight fightin lines to you and yours!
[signature]
The moon phase has absolutely nothing to do with the spawn! Is is length of daylight and water temp. If their locked on a bed they aren't going to leave for he11 or high water!
[signature]
I believe he was referring to the time of year. Such as the last full moon in September is a good time to go.
[signature]
Rod, If you weren't so cool ... I would call you a big dork!
Moon phases are actually the biggest factor for spawn according to Dr. Keith Jones the bass professor for Berkley.
Don't mess with me boy!
He he he.
[signature]