Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with C/O
Hi Tomc, congrates on the new mod position. I have a 03 16' deepV tracker. I have a full canvas top on it with plastic glass sides and across the top of the walk thru. My problem is the C/O collects under the canopy area at any speed. Is there any way to change the vortex action being created by the wind coming over the top?My thoughts were to roll up the front glass curtains so the wind not only go over the top but under it as well. I would have to make some straping to hold the top in place because the glass curtains do that now.
Would some type of spoiler work, built into the top?
Thanks Chief
[signature]
hi chief,thanks for the welcome,we had the same problem with the boat that i go on,the way we solved the problem was in the center if the boat in the plastic,cut a half moon.add a zipper ,and put 2 snaps to hold it up,we had a local upolstery guy do all of this
[inline "bft outing.jpg"]
if you look at the center of the boat windshield at the top ,you can see the zipper,this allows air to flow through the cabin,and break the suction from the back
[signature]
Hey Tom, yeh my center plastic opens and I can fold back the walk thru glass. This makes it better but it is still there. It will be a minor expeince to roll up all the plastic and add a couple of tie downs. So I'll give that a try for the spring. Chief
[signature]
how far back dose you curtians go?they might be too far back,even if you put a spoiler on the air still curculats in a circle behind it a little,is there a way you can shorten the sides,just to try it?or putting a back on it?
[signature]
Here's a pic tom but it shows my canvas.[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id...rch_engine]
[signature]
well chief,you got me stumped.there is a couple of ideas you could try,(1) open the walk through glass,leaving the top closed
(2) on the sides,and along the top of the main windshield,unsnap one snap and create a scoop,by placing something small to push out the canvas,this is to get the air to enter in multiple areas
(3)this will cost some money,but just a last resort, to add a back to the canvas,the best on is a 3 panal,to sides with a roll up walk through,i would try different this before going this expence.let me know if you find a cure,this will bug me .i'll ask around to see if anyone around me is haveing the similar problem
[signature]
hey chief,just wondering if you still have the c/o problem or if you can up with a solution?
[signature]
Hi Tom, I've had the boat out about ten times but have not done any slow speed trowling and that's when it really shows up. I'm going to Black Lake this week for a week and I will be trolling around for some walleye's, I'll try some thing then. Chief
[signature]