Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE CONTEST IS ON
[cool][font "Times New Roman"][#ff0000][size 3]BFT GEAR CONTEST[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]Weird weather and changing fishing conditions have kinda slowed down the enthusiasm on the boards the last week or two. We are all anxious for a open water. At least some of us are. Others are whimpering a lot while they caress their ice augers.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]As most of us know, we have brought in a bunch of new stuff in the BFT Gift Shop. I got the okay to run a little contest, to give away one EACH of 4 different items. There will be 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 short sleeve shirt, 1 muscle shirt and one hooded sweatshirt. No new hats in yet.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]The contest will run from noon today until 12 midnite tonight. The only requirement for entry is to submit a brief post about which of the four items you NEED/WANT, and why you think you deserve to win. Winners will be arbitrarily selected based upon creativeness, sincerity, originality and desperation. Neatness and grammar are not factors.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]You can also list your number two choices, in the event of losing out on one but still being in consideration for something else. This may not necessarily be fair, but I hope it will be fun.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Please only submit one request. Duplicate entries will be frowned upon. No fair reregistering under new user names to stuff the ballot box.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Winners will be announced after noon on Wednesday 3/1/06, along with instructions for providing size requirements and shipping info.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Actually, everyone can win something. For those who post, but do not win any of the BFT stuff, I will send your choice of any two of the walleye jig heads from the attached pics. You need to indicate what colors and sizes you want. The ones poured and painted on the red Matzuo sickle hooks have been especially good during the past year. The best color is the red glitter with yellow eye. Deadly with almost all colors of plastic. (And, I have a bunch already made up)[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]BRING IT ON.[/font][/size]
[signature]
[#0000ff]First entry. Thanks for playing.[/#0000ff]

Dude, I need the hoodie because I'm too fat for any of the shirts![blush]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]May I recommend the "table muscle" shirt. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I understand they are all available in super gross sizes.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. Sorry.[/#0000ff]

Tube Dude I would like very much to win the hooded sweatshirt. I work in an elementary school as head of maintainance and I am around a lot of kids all day. I talk about fishing all the time and my office is full of fishing items. I encourage kids to go fishing and the sweatshirt would help promote fishing. I wear a size small. Thanks a million. MKTGW
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. Sorry[/#0000ff]

TD, I could use any of the above mentioned shirts since I am a broke*** government worker. Plus I need to have a BFT logo on me for the photo, when I get my hands on the elusive 10lb mack. Hopefully the shirt won't be faded out by then!

I could use a large or maybe even XL. Gotta have room to grow with the job!
[signature]
[#0000ff]Finalist. Drawing later. Definitely "style points" for your creativity and artwork.[/#0000ff]

OK I'll go first. The hooded sweatshirt ("hoody" according to my kids) would not only keep me toasty warm on those cold morning runs, but would also keep me arm muscles from cramping up during the hot smallmouth action on lake "X". I don't catch that many, but all that casting can cause severe muscle cramps. Besides, Style points do count both on the launch ramp and out on the lake and with the BFT logo gracing my body we'd both look great. My second choice would be......nothing. I must have this hoody.. It's critical to my fishing success. Nothing else will do..period.

Beside, I do look great in the hoody.

[inline rat_hood.jpg]
Thank You
[signature]
[#0000ff]Finalist. Drawing later. Lots of good points. Not sure the float tube thing is a positive.[/#0000ff]

I really [red]NEED[/red] to have the hooded sweatshirt for many reasons. Please see the list below:

[ol]
[li]I already have a BFT T-shirt to use in the summer, but I do not have a BFT shirt that I can use for things like the ice-fishing challenge to post pictures of me with the BFT logo.
[li]I always wear my BFT T-shirt when fishing in warm weather, in case I see a fellow BFT member on the water. This way they can recognize me as a BFT member and say hello. In cold weather, or when that spring breeze kicks up, a BFT hooded sweatshirt would be just the thing to continue broadcasting my BFT status while still staying warm.
[li]I am building a [url "http://fishinginfo.atspace.com/"]Utah Fishing Info[/url] website where I can link to BFT and post pictures of me wearing BFT gear (shameless plug)
[li]I want it more than anyone here
[li]I am a float tuber (nuff said [cool])
[li]I am as cold-blooded as any human ever was (got no insulation on me -- too skinny) and I get cold a lot easier than the average guy [crazy]
[li]I promise to post on BFT just how lucky my new BFT sweatshirt really is.
[li]I need pity because I haven't been able to go fishing once in 2006 yet!!! (Soon to be remedied).
[li]I have never been banned from BFT. [Tongue]
[li]I have never poached a fish or any other animal
[li]I always give others plenty of space on the water and do not crowd anybody out.
[li]I practice selective harvest.
[li]I pack out what I pack in
[li]I like spicy food. (who doesn't?)
[/li][/ol]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Finalist. Drawing later. We would need a waiver of responsibility in the divorce case.[/#0000ff]

I've got to have one of those muscle shirts. First when I saw them in the gift shop I told my wife I have got to have one of those, she said she didn't think so, and I always have to have what my wife says I cant. second I will look great in it while winning this years wiper tournament.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. Remember the sunscreen and drink plenty of "antidote".[/#0000ff]

I need either the hoodie or the long sleeve t-shirt. This could help me keep from getting skin cancer. It seems I always forget to take sunscreen along.
I seem to get sunburned far too often. [crazy]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Finalist. Drawing later. Shirts do not come with good luck warranties.[/#0000ff]

Tube Dude, I feel that if I had one of those BFT long sleeve or short sleeve shirts, my fishing luck would actually get better. I've yet to catch the big trout I've wanted to catch all winter long.

The most important reason: I talk to my co-workers a lot about fishing and this site. I show them some of the fish photos in here. Sporting one of those shirts at work would show everyone that BFT is the best fishing site out there.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Finalist. Drawing later. (There's a potentially great country-western song in here somewhere.)[/#0000ff]

Here is why I need the hoodie or the long sleeve shirt and a pair of those cutle little red jig head in 1/16 or 1/8 oz.
1. My old boat motor just came out of Lee's repair shop in Hyrum (He did a great job and he's outstanding to work with) but my bill was almost more than my boat was worth and the motor has been pegged as a P.O.S. and maybe will last another season. So watch for me on the waters this year I may get stranded. I will really need that hoodie while I drift out-of-sight on Utah Lake.

2. My taxidermist who had my 33" mulie in his shop for two years finally returned it to me after I tracked him down (thank the good lord for public records!) because he got a divorce and lossed everything and moved away without telling me where he was. Oh and he never finished it and he kept my $200 deposit because he said he didn't have it to return to me and I felt lucky just to have the hide and antlers back. Now I will have to spend all my clothing allowance pluas another $400 to pay Taximan to finsh my trophy.

3. My darn black lab keeps jumping the 6' fence that surrounds my backyard so I have to go search for his black but before the he ends up in the pound. I could have used that hoodie this morning at 1:30 while I was driving the neighborhood in my jammies.

4. I really wanted to go fishing last Sunday while the sun was out but I put off writing the sports section for the paper and had to spend my entire Sunday dreaming up story ideas and taking pictures to fill space. NOW it's raining and miserable and all I can do is read about fishing on BFT and the fun everybody else had and try to make my week by winning an essay contest to get a shirt and some jigs.

5. I just got an email from my editor and he wants a story on where to find shed antlers. After I publish everybodies favorite location I will need that hoodie to keep me warm and for other BFT buddies to notice me after I have been tarred and feathered and drug accross the Wasatch Mountains, the Paunsaugant, the Book Cliffs, the Uintahs behind some ATV.

6. I'm sure I'll look better than anybody else in that hoodie or long sleeve shirt! Especially when my picture is taken with the new state record wiper, walleye, bluegill, crappie, catfish, cutthroat, largemouth, smallmouth, and striper the fish gods have promised me this year.

7. I have to end it with lucky reason #7. I want that hoodie more than I want a Canadian fishing trip, an Alaskan fishing trip, a Cabo San Lucas fishing trip and a new 18' Lund fishing boat!
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. Contests for hats will be coming soon.[/#0000ff]

I was hoping for a hat to cover up my poor old bald head, but winning something else I could improvise
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. Style points for consideration of others.[/#0000ff]

I would like to be considered for the hooded sweat shirt. I could use a nice sweat shirt for fishing. If it has a drawstring hood, then even better- if i'm being skunked I can tie it shut over my face to hide my shame! In case I don't get elected for this prestigious prize, then I would graciously accept the long sleeved t-shirt. Go ahead and give the muscle shirt to someone else. I don't like to intimidate those I fish with- a muscle shirt may be too much for them!

Good luck to everyone, bkidder
[signature]
[#0000ff]Finalist. Drawing later. Very creative, sir.[/#0000ff]
[black][/black]
[black]WANTED: Fisherman with dual cases of near-terminal Workus Grindstoneus Dementia and Cabin Feaver-Itis seeks attractive hooded sweatshirt with colorful white, blue, and yellow fish-attracting logo to brave frigid temperatures with, in hopes of curing said diseases.

All previous efforts to cure the aforementioned illnesses—which have included staring longingly at bleak stretches of frozen lake surfaces for long periods of time and standing optimistically next to inactive fishing rods—have not only proven to be frustratingly pointless but have also served to aggravate the suffering of said fisherman.[/black]
[black]
Said fisherman wishes to bring to attention the practicality of wearing a thick, hooded garment when targeting pre-spawn walleye and bass at Utah Lake during the sometimes-chilly months of March and April. [/black]
[black][/black]
[black]Note: For those walleye and bass who may be reading this want ad, please cooperate enthusiastically and unconditionally with said fisherman when he approaches you in a very handsome sweatshirt and offers you a frozen minnow or plastic bait.
[/black]
[black]Those wishing to contribute to the “Save the PrinceFisher Fishless Fund” should send one stylish, comfortable, and warm XXL BFT Hooded Sweatshirt, or if one is not available, one XXL BFT Long-sleeved T-shirt to PrinceFisher himself. [/black]
[black][/black]
[black]For less than the cost of a Utah 365-day Fishing License, isn’t it worth it to save this poor fillet-less soul?[/black]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff]Finalist. Drawing later. Very practical.[/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Hey TD, You know I can really go for one of those short sleeved shirts. Winter is almost over and I can't see why everyone wants a "hoody" or long sleeve. It's just about T-shirt time! Plus there are already plenty of "hoodies" in my closet....and I really need some BFT apparel to sport.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. PS...brains are not required to be a BFT member.[/#0000ff]

The hooded sweat shirt would be very nice to have for two reasons.

First reason, so I could wear it anytime I'm on the BFT board at home. I have been accused by my better half for spending way too much time reading what my fishing brothers are doing and not having enough brains to keep me out of the cold and off the ice.

Second reason. Ice fishing is my passion. The hooded sweatshirt would help keep me warm while I'm spending too much time out on the ice since I don't use what brains I have.

sjgabby
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. We appreciate you taking care of the tough fishing stuff for us.[/#0000ff]

I think that i xhould get the hooded sweat shirt bercause one i am old 70, two on a fixed income , three it gets very cold fishing off the provo dike that they just built , at night that is those eyes are hard to come by , and a guy needs some sort of reward for the hard ship involved in fishing for those eyes , its a dirty job but somebody has to do it. oh yes , and I would look great fishing off the dike with a new hood on , I would need a 2x large so people would not miss the BFT logal on the shirt
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. Are you sure you are not in government?[/#0000ff]

I could sure use a size large hooded shirt so that I could cover my face when I am trying to drill a hole in the ice with an auger that has the blades on backwards.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Finalist. Drawing later. (We appreciate your appreciation)[/#0000ff]

Hey Tube Dude I was thinking that I absolutely positively need thee all mighty BFT HOODED SWEATSHIRT. But if you think that It would be better on someone else then your wrong. If I couldn't get the all mighty then I would settle for the hooded sweatshirt. I think a XL BFT HOODED SWEATSHIRT would be amazingly beautiful on me. Oh by the way, That hooded sweatshirt would be sweeeet. Please. In the end what I'am saying is that you should give me that
hoodie to me because I want it more then anyone, and that is the truth. But if fate have it be I would be most gracious to accept any on the other, short sleeve, long sleeve, or muscle tee.

It was very thoughtful of you to think of all us BFTer's, Thank you for all that you guys do as moderators. [angelic]

thanks Fish-or-die

PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, GIVE ME A BFT SHIRT!!!!!!
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks for playing. What noble sentiments.[/#0000ff]

I would love to have the short sleeved shirt so that I can bring peace, love, and happiness to all the fish in our beloved waters....
[signature]