Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surf Fishing
What do you think is the best bait and best time for Surf Fishing?
[signature]
Hi and welcome aboard BSPKiller.

You may have figured out by now that there are many different types of bait out there right now. Some natural and some artificial.

If you decide to go artificial then I would suggest small grubs in the rootbeer sparkle or motoroil colors when the water is murky and use chartruese or watermelon color when the water is a little more clear.

The new Gulp baits are also a killer for BSP. I like the new Sand Crab Fleas in the natural/brown color. I also use some of the Camo Sandworm. I just break off about a 1inch piece and attache that to the hook.

As far as time of day goes, that can vary from day to day. It is better to watch the incoming tide so that you will know when it is time to fish. Typically I will fish BSP and Corbina from about 1 hr before peak high tide until about 1 hr after peak high tide.

What area do you plan to fish?? Are you by chance on the West Coast??

We do have individual state boards where you can post these or any questions you have as well. There is also a World Wide Saltwater board.

Thanks again for your question and please let us know where you are planning to fish at.[cool]
[signature]