Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle/Hailstone
Went up to Jordanelle this morning. Moved around a bit and finally settled down about 75 yds north of the west docks in about 30 feet of water. Didn't do that great but there were a lot of perch on the camera. They would come to take a look but would not do anything else. It was fun to watch them, but it would have been better if they would have taken a bite. Several would mouth the jig head but not the hook end. Did not see many fish being caught any where.
[signature]
How thick is the ice?
[signature]
The ice where I went was still about 10", the edges were still good but I don't know for how much longer.
[signature]
I too played hookey from work. Went to Rock Cliffs. Only caught about 10 perchies out by the bouys. Jumped around 8-10 times. Give up and went in and caught slimmers with the crowd in 13 feet deep. The sun was good no wind. Parking lot is a mud hole. I too don't know how long it is going to last. Damn I hate to see the ice go. Pikeman Go Fish
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Those fish are just not treating you well up there, are they? [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Evidently your auger is working better.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I think I have made my last ice fishing trip for the year. I hear the walleye calling. It was a pleasure meeting you on the lake and we appreciate your reports.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I hear ya Tube. The harbor at Willard North today was a busy place, 4/5 anglers on the docks, 3/4 boats, a pontoon and several bank anglers. I say lets let a poor ice year go and start chasin walleye at willard.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the report, fishgiver. I have to hit the ice one last time this year, so I'm heading out to Jordy tomorrow. I think I'll not hang out in the pressured (docs) area though. Gonna have to head North or South of there to find an active school of perchies. Thank goodness I have a decent sonar now...
[signature]