Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake - AquaVu
Has anyone used an AquaVu camera at Bear Lake. If so, how far through the water could you see, and what time of the year did you use one. Also, is the water clearer in the winter months (like it definitely is at Strawberry)?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I have none of the answers to your questions, Kent, but I'll be glad to test out your Aqua-Vu for the rest of the season and get back to you with the results![/size][/font][cool][Tongue]
[signature]
You are too kind BLM. I couldn't possibly burden you with allowing you to do product testing of my equipment, without me also being there to help you do the testing. How could I ever forgive myselt? What I had in mind, was rigging it so that the camera points straight down into the water. I saw this done on a Doug Miller show once, and they were fishing Flaming Gorge for mackinaw, and they showed at least one mack come over and grab onto a jig. Next Tuesday I get it back from the factory rigged with a 75' cable (previously it had a 50' cable) and now I will have an infra-red camera (previously it was just the regular camera). I have a hunch that it would be great fun jigging for lakers while watching them through the AquaVu. I imagine it would be interesting to take a look at the rock pile, and perhaps a few other places, with the camera pointed downward. I have gotten buck (or is it fish?) fever watching 17" cutthroats come over and grab my jig at Strawberry, and jerking just before they took my jig, I would probably jerk the jig away from a 12 pound mack while it was still 2 feet away from my jig!
[signature]
I must say, you guys have some COOL toys. I'm so jealous[Tongue]
[signature]
No need to be jealous Teroy, We are just living on a slightly higher level of poverty.
[signature]
You calling me poor?
[signature]
Didn't mean too, just trying to add a little (I admit very little) humor to the message board.
[signature]
Kent, did you see the Doug Miller show a few years ago where they used a AquaVu to look at all the fish that were on the rock pile? I'm not sure of the exact depth but it was between 35 and 45 feet and the water was very clear, there were tons of fish. WH2
[signature]
I either didn't see the show, or with my halfeimers I saw it and don't recall it. Thanks for giving me a reason for dragging it along the next time I go up to Bear Lake.
[signature]

Kent my 1 and only time I used an Aquavu was at bear lake last ice season. It was 22'deep,I dropped it too the bottom, I could see aprox 10 feet out,couldn't find the direction and gave up. Have you ever layed on the ice put a coat over your head and looked down the ice hole? at strawberry you can see 20 feet down, causey you can see 50 I'm sure your camera will see far at bear lake.
[signature]
After watching Doug Miller's show last evening, I have got to get up to Bear Lake with my AquaVu.
[signature]
hey kent does an aquavu work through the ice? if so you should bring it up to strawberry. I would like to see what the fish see, under the water. See ya soon.
[signature]
The camera is on a cable so it will work through a hole in the ice. The key is to have clear water, and the water is fairly clear at Strawberry in the winter, but not so in the summer. I will bring it to Strawberry on Saturday.
[signature]
cool, don't forget to bundle up. I always forget to at strawberry and the wind always gets me. see ya soon.
[signature]