Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homemade Lures
I am interested in making my own spinning lures. I think it would be fun and it might even save me some money. Does anyone out there make their own lures? How do you do it? What equipment/tools do you need? Where do you get your supplies? What do you find works best?

I've seen some basic parts at Sportsman's and other places, but would like more variety to choose from. Thanks in advance
[signature]
I make my own version of a Panther Martin, You can buy all the supplies from Cabelas and all you need is a pair of needle nose pliers.
[signature]
well, i actually made my first jigs last night. Can't wait to get out and try them! It only cost me $160 to make about $10 worth of jigs and slip sinkers..yippee...LOL
That was my startup cost, of course. I plan to make most of my own lures/jigs eventually. I bought a simple melting pot, 2 molds and a couple different kind of hooks to use in the jigs and some shears to snip off the excess lead.

Dig up a bunch of TubeDude's posts on makin jigs...i'm sure that will give you a foundation to being with...He certainly helped me out getting started.

cyas
rc
Hi Tony. There is an entire forum on the main board devoted to lure making:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=128;"]Click here:[/url]
[signature]