Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge report and ice status on lakes enroute
Made a cannonball run to the Gorge today. Got their before light and was on the water fishing Linwood at first light. Weather was great, but we didn't mark a single fish. We criss-crossed the entire ridge, looked shallow, looked deep--nada. Headed to Antelope Flat and checked all the hot spots--nada. Not a single arch. Went up the canyon and found ice, fished a little and marked a few fish that I think were rainbows. Then we went to Swim Beach, or should I call it Lund Bay. It looked like a Lund convention. One tracker showed up but we chased him off. [cool]

All in all it was a great day of fishing, but a lousy day of catching. I don't know where in the heck the fish went??

The wind kicked up around 2:00pm so we came home. Echo is frozen and saw guys ice fishing. Jordanelle is open and saw several boats. Deer Creek is mostly frozen, with an open water patch around the Wallsburgh inlet and jutting out into the lake. Saw some nut-case out near the bouys ice skating clear the heck in the middle of the lake. He wasn't too far from open water either. The ice couldn't be THAT thick?? I know some of you guys are a little loco when it comes to ice fishing and take risks on thin ice, but what kind of person has the same mindset with ice skating???
Hey that nut case wasn't wearing Carhartts was he ?or was he in tights ?? HE HE !!
[signature]