Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O)hio Fishing Information
Just a few bits of inf9o from the fisah and game people here.

Mark calendars Ohio. On May 6 and 7 everyone can fish without a license in Ohio.

Some persons don't need a license.
a under age 16 years fish free.
b if your are giving assistance to an angler with just one pole no license is required
c fishing in private pond,
d fishing on your own land or land of your parents
e members of the armed forces when on leave

Some licenses are free.
any resident born before December 31,1937
disabled persons who require assistance to fish
Holders of Veteran license plates displaying the international wheelchair symbol
Certian veterans who are permanently disabled
former prisoners of war

To get applications or further information call 1-800-945-3543

Be sure to get a copy of fishing regulations where ever licenses are sold. you can receve fish Ohio Pins and other things while fishing the rivers and lakes of Ohio.

And with all of this, all i have to say is "Lets Go Fishing"
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]So, you guys have the free fishing day in Ohio too, huh? It is surprising how many states offer that. After trying to do some serious fishing in Arizona on that day, while I lived there, I decided that I would stay off the water on those free fishing days. Seemed to bring out all the wackos who didn't know one end of a rod from the other. And forget sportsmanship and fishing etiquette. People trying to hit me with their casts while I was tubing, and so much noise that the quiet time thing was impossible.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It is good though, especially for folks on a fixed income that can't afford the increasingly more expensive license fees in most states. Also a good way to get a buddy out fishing that would otherwise probably not ever go. Who knows, if you get into some fish you might convert them into becoming more interested in fishing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the info on other states. The free day is also a good time to take out handycapped who have never fished and then apply for special handycapped license. I have to stick at home for the next three weeks as it is spring turkey hunting here and only those who have our permission are allowed on our land (after rhey know their are russian wild boar roaming this area).
[signature]