Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
license for ducks???
Ok, DWR fellas.....aside from hunter ed, guns, dogs, and the hips cert numbers...what license(s) do I need to have to even go out and take a shot at a duck this fall? Is it just the combo license or do I need something different? I will probally fish whilst on the water and I have some freinds that are very good duckers. so what do I need to have on my legality side with the license? I have not found much info on the DWR website other than I need a license (what kind) and the safety course card, and the hip(??) cert number that I understand may be obtained online after you buy the correct license(s). will sports or belas have these available or should I go to DWR on N.temple and whatever west? any info I preeciated much and as always thanks in advance.
[signature]
For Utah you need a small game license, a federal duck stamp and a HIP. You can not get the stamp or HIP for next season until at least June. Also keep a close look at the regs for each public ground you hunt as most do not allow fishing on them as well. I believe there is only a couple public waterfowl management area that you can fish and hunt at the same time.
[signature]
You could also get a "combination" license (which is a combo fishing/small game license -- it's cheaper than buying the 2 separately), a federal duck stamp, and a HIP # (free).

If you want to fish and duck hunt at the same time, go to Utah Lake, Strawberry, etc.
[signature]
Kewl, thanks guys...i didnt know the combo would give me both, i think em are 34$ or so...and the duck stamp I can hang with. now I just have to find time to go to my hunters ed. it cant be any more difficult that nuclear physics can it? lol. thanks for the info.
[signature]