Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is it?
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4][cool]Here is a photo of some FFmen fishing on the Snake River. Anyone recognize the background?[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]This one of my wallpaper scenes that changes about every minute. I use Webshot as the controller.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14738;]
[signature]
looks like the Tetons to me.
[signature]
Guessing but, Swan Valley/South Fork. Jack Dennis country?
[signature]
I agree with the Tetons but I am guessing just below Jackson Lake.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]I didn't take the picture otherwise I would know the exact location. Sorry to say FGD that it is not in the Swan Valley area. Don't believe that you can see the Tetons from that area. I have a pretty good idea of as to where the picture was taken. If all fails I will seek the advise of my niece who has studied the Tetons at lenght. She also happens to be a professor of geography at one of our state colleges. She has own some property near Jackson Airport. They can't afford to build because everything is so expensive. Otherwise I would take care of the place for them and fish the Snake 24/7. Speaking about Jack Dennis I met him last year at a fly show during which time I was wearing a T-Shirt that has a picture of the Tetons and at the top is printed Grand Tetons & at the bottom Idaho. Well he took exception with the Idaho bit. I said well you can see them from the Idaho side, besides it only cost me $8 at a super market in Driggs. Hey that is one way to be remember by a great Fly Fisher & sportsman.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Here is another view of the Tetons from about the same direction.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14739;]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Okay, maybe not Swan Valley, but, the South fork? All I know is I see that every year several times on my way to the Continental Divide. We are a little west of the ridge, but still see it's beauty Can see it real well in the little town (Marian I think) just north east of Ashton[/size][/blue][/font].
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4][blush]Well perhaps my question was too general.[yes it was] I figured that everyone would recognize the Grand Tetons. What I should have said "does anyone know the proximity of where this photo was taken from behind the Snake?" As Campfire mentioned it is definely below Jackson Lake. Sorry if I mislead you guys.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14754;]
[signature]
I would say it is the jackson hole side of the tetons. the grand is in the middle with mt. owen on the right and the middle teton on the left. most likely in early summer.........
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]The location from which the photo was taken is about 3 miles north of the Moose Visitors center along the Snake. The mountain peak [with a slight tilt] directly over the head of the fly fisherman on the left of the photo is the Grand Teton itself. As the crow flies it is about 6 miles.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]