Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you hear me now?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4]How many of you use walkie talkies when out fishing? I like them a lot. Usually as soon as we hit the water, I go one way (where the fish are LOL) and the ol' man goes the other. We can find out how the fishing is in different areas that way. We also use our cell phones (MTM), but the walkies are easier to justify if they get wet.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4]We also leave one at camp if we are expecting more people so they can let us know when they arrive.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
That's a great idea I usually go alone so there is no need

Trent
[signature]
maddawg, we got to change that fishing alone crap this year. Got to have a witness when that big one gets away[cool]
[signature]
I started using 2 ways when my boys were young. We used them on the Green River a lot. It gave me peace of mind when they went off on their own to show off to the adults that they were out fishing.
[signature]
I know isn't it Sad. I always go at the spur of the moment thought
[signature]
My family uses family channel radios all the time on the river or the lake. I also use them hunting and many other outdoor activities. They add a measure of convience and also safety to many situations. Here is a tip. I will not confess to ever falling in the river [Wink]but I have found that if you put a radio in a small ziplock bag you can still hear them and talk on them right through the bag and they will stay dry in rain, snow, or spills.
[signature]
I know that there is one at the bottom of a beaver pond on Hobble Creek in Wy. I have no idea how it got there.[Smile] I do use them pontooning and sometimes on the river but rarely, just too much distraction for me to deal with. I hate using them at Daniels though- some woman is always on my channel talking to some dude named Cardiac [sly]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]99% of the time I fish alone. However, I carry my cell phone 100% of the time. When I am on/in the water I place my cell in a small Zip lock freezer bag. Don't want to be [blush] if I tale a spill.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Is that woman saying, " Got another one Cardiac"[laugh]
[signature]