Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco on the Bear....
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Have you ever seen a boat floating aimless in the middle of a marina with no one in it and realized it was your boat? I have……….[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Predator and I arrived at Bear Lake State Park Marina to make a little bait and catch a few fish. We arrived at the State Park Marina about 7:00 AM and prepped the boat for launching. I don’t know how many of you have ever been with Predator but he’s an energetic guy. There is nothing slow about this guy and he can’t stand still for very long. Well, after the boat was prepped, Predator was dressed in his woolies and ready to go. Unfortunately, I still hadn’t got the insulated clothing on and need to get dressed. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The Men’s Room at the marina is heated and a perfect place to get dress in and take care of other duties so I decide to let Predator launch and warm up the boat while I took care of business in the men’s room and would meet him at the dock when I got done.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I emerged from the men’s room all dressed in my insulated clothing and saw the boat was launched. I looked again and there was nobody in it! My boat is drifting out in the channel of the marina with no one in it! I hear someone yell and it’s Predator saying “I’ll get the boat” as he’s sprinting in full insulated clothing for stationary activities, through the parking lot and to the ramp down to the south side docks. This is about a quarter of a mille run![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Now, if you’ve been to the state park marina, you know the docks are a couple hundred feet long. Predator hit the ramp down to the docks, dashed up the dock that lead to the boat only to watch it drift away from the dock from the bubbles from the aerating action of the marina de-icers. He sprinted back down the dock rounded the berths and back up the next row on dock, running like a scalded ape. All the while I’m standing on the ramp dock laughing my a$$ off.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]He got to the end of the dock just in time to grab the boat and tie it to the dock. Being exhausted from his mad dash, he just put his hands on his knees and wished for more air. What a way to start the day![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What I neglected to tell him was that I had unhooked the winch rope the second I got out of the truck because I’m usually in the boat when it gets backed down the ramp. Predator thought it was hooked up. Oh well…live and learn.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]After he caught his breath, he started the boat and I climbed in and off we headed to the rock pile. There was no one trying to dip net cisco at the marina and we looked for cisco in the shallows of the channel but we saw nothing.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We got to the rock pile, anchored up and proceeded to go for cisco. As you can see from the pictures, there is plenty to catch on the rock pile such as: [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: bl_1-19-03_1.jpg][/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]cisco....[/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: bl_1-19-03_2.jpg][/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]rocks....[/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: bl_1-19-03_3.jpg][/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]and even a sculpin. [/size][/font][/center]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We ended up with our limits of cisco in about 45 minutes and decide to go fish. This part of the story is a whole lot shorter because there is a whole lot less to tell. We fished all day at all depths and only caught two fish. I caught two small macks and Predator got skunked. It was typical cisco run fishing. There were a few fish caught by people but the catch rate for fish was pretty slow. Here is a picture of the larger of the two macks. [/size][/font] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: bl_1-19-03_4.jpg][/size][/font][/center]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It turned out to be a great day even if the fishing was slow. Predator and I talked about a lot of things and just enjoyed the opportunity to be out and enjoy the day. The rest of the day was uneventful to our mutual relief.[/size][/font] [left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font][/left]

[/left]
[signature]
ROFLMAO

You two kill me with the days stories every time you go out!!!!
[signature]
BLM, thanks for sharing that hilarious story.
[signature]
That is hilarious, I am still laughing. That reminds me of similar things I have done, thank goodness the ones who witnessed them aren't here to share. I am about to cancel my trip to the Bear tomorrow, If BLM can only catch two. . . then I haven't got a prayer. . . oh well I have fished with worse odds. I am excited to snag from the variety basket and hope for as many cysco as rocks and others.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey, P.Hopper! There are fish to be caught. There was a boat fishing the drop off of the rock pile that was fishing whole cisco and had caught 2 macks in the 8 lb range and there were other boats that were catching the occasional fish but as a whole it was pretty slow for everybody. We had a few bites we missed fish on. They are not as aggressive about coming back after a miss. Must be those full bellies. [/size][/font]
[signature]
What he didnt know was his truck about wound up in the marina too! The ramp was all iced up and when the boat started floating away, I jammed it in park, jumped out to grab it before it got all the way off the trailer, and I looked back to see the truck sliding into the lake. So, I had to choose boat or truck, the boat floats, so I got back into the truck and spun the tires slowly climbing up the iced up ramp. Then he forgot to tell you about when I tasted a pork, I think they soak them things in poo. If you ever find yourself curious about the taste quailty of porks, trust me, they taste just crappy enough fish ought to love them. I thought I had a mack on when I hooked that big fat rock. Saw doug miller up there filming the cisco thing. Got on camera a few times so you may see old BLM on outdoors t.v. next weekend. What a day, what a day. Thanks for the trip BLM.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I forgot about that pork tail! My gut still hurts from laughing so hard! Predator showed me his secret weapon when things were slow. He pulled out this jar of purple pork rind frogs. In the process of getting this thing out, he talked about a show on TV that showed how these things were made and how they added all the scents and tastes to it during the manufacturing process. so after he hooked it up I told "taste it and see what it tastes like" and he did! Now he didn't take a big taste; just kind of lightly licked the liquid residue from his finger.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]At first he just made an inquring face but the next second he said "oh my god....." and was scrambling for his thermos of hot chocolate,claiming he was going to puke! I was laughing so hard my eyes were watering! [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I forgot about that! That was good. So remember, boys and girls, don't eat things that say not for human consumption on them! Oh man, that was too much......[/size][/font]
[signature]
that story reminds me of a time when I left my raft untied in a windy area in the high uintas. my raFT blew out to the middle of the lake so I immediately jumped into the water and swam out to it. by the time I got it back to shore my dad tells me I should have just walked around the lake and picked it up then. go figures he couldent tell me before i jumped in eh.

great trips my the world go round

FB2
[signature]
Whats a scalpin?
[signature]
the proper name is sculpin, it is a fish that resembles a sucker. they reak havoc on the fish in my river so i do my part and when i see one i net it and throw it on the bank like a carp. there are so many that does not do much though. hope i helped.

a great trip makes the world go round

FB2
[signature]
Hey !! don't be wasting all that brown trout food . Bigger fish love them !! I think they look prehistoric and nothing like a sucker !! JMHO tight lines
[signature]

I'm sitting here pictureing Preds skinny butt running around the docks and laughing mine off.
[signature]