Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suckers !
This doesn't happen often , the suckers have come in from under the ice !
Reports have come in from the Au Sable and Rifle Rivers to confirm that it is time to break out the smokers a little early .
Suckers usually start their migration after ice has dissapeared from the great lakes shoreline , however this year the early arrival was planed by a newly formed sucker group lead by "Osama Dabestfishing " , a self proclaimed leader of suckers everywhere who is determined to stop suckerfest as we know it .
In a private interview with the leader of the suckers i have learned that their strategy is to catch Michigan anglers off guard by slipping in under the ice and not giving us time to prepare for their yearly onslought .
"Fishermen will have no time to prepair for us" , Osama Dabestfishing stated , "They will be slamming their rod tips in the trunks of their cars and forgetting the required supplies they need to halt our rightful possession of the rivers and streams of our forefathers " .

A statement from the Michigan chapter of B.F.T. spokesman "Lonehunter " had this to reply;
"Detecting suckers at the riversmouth checkpoint is B.F.T.'s top priority. Advances in angler security since the first suckerfest , such as pre-supplied bait & tackle shops, 100 percent beer and jerky delivery, and the addition of thousands of Michigan anglers allows B.F.T. Members to focus more acutely on evolving threats."

"Lonehunter "also stated;
"B.F.T has already initiated enhanced detection technology training for Michigan anglers to identify possible underwater attacks. This additional training complements the ongoing and aggressive deployment of state-of-the-art sucker detection technologies statewide. B.F.T. also uses intelligence, random seagull swat team searches at checkpoints and other security measures, both seen and unseen, to more effectively counter this threat."

The time is now , as fishermen we must repel this invasion , grab an armful of fishing rods, a couple lawn chairs and stuff the wife and kids into the mini-van , every able bodied angler is needed here in the north .
Will you answer the call to protect our northern streams ?
[signature]
I got a good buddy that runs a lunch wagon down in Omer
He said the best time right now too get suckers is about 10.30 till about 3 or 4 in the afternoon
[signature]
I went down to my sucker hole yesterday, didnt bother taking the rod and reel, I was just passing by and wanted to see if they were there, nope, the water was as clear as mountain ice spring water.

I have a fealing that they came up in january this year when we got all that worm rain down here. I will know for sure by this week end for sure. after we get this worm rain thrusday and fryday it will trigger all the worms to come up. the frost is out of the ground here now.

I started my anual road side park clean up today. I had to quit when I ran out of trash bags. Filled up the back of my dodge pickup over top the cab.
[signature]
A lot of people don't realise all the things that you "take on" to improve your community and to help others out . I myself have seen the results of some of your deeds .
How many people , total strangers ,have you fed over the years ?When someone needs a hand , who do they call ?
The programs for the kids , who is always there .
When I was putting prise packages together for the kids outdoors days in my community , who was the guy who offered me all that stuff for them ?
I know of a senior citisen that loves to fish , how many trips did she go on with you last year alone ?
I'de like to thank you for the clean - up project AND all the other things that you and your family do [cool]!
[signature]
Thanks for the kind words and back at ya, I am in good company here,

All our moderators here are comunity awarness minded, they would not have taken on the position of moderator here if they did not have concerns about keeping their on line comunity clean and safe for every one here.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, Bro, I don't know how much fly flingin' you do, but I thought I'd share this pattern I tied just for suckers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Do you guys do any spearing for suckers up there or is it strictly hook and line?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
bow and arrow , hand spear , rubber and spring loaded spears may be used in designated waters for bowfin, bullheads,carp, catfish, drum, gar , cisco, smelt, whitefish and suckers . some waters allow nets too .

I like that fly pattern , L.M.A.O. , I passed it on to a local fly guy [cool].
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good luck on the sucker run. Lots of fun and good eating too. I used to pickle a lot of them. Just as good as pickled herring. Good for fish croquettes and other ground fish recipes also.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you like my fly tying prowess, here are a couple more. Not sure what you would fish for with either the Dolly Parton fly or the Great Grey Hackle...tied on a shark hook. Maybe the world record bluegill?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey , for this weekend at deercamp , I have the bacon, sausage , and some N.Y. strips to go along with whatever we catch . " surf & turf ".

Tell V to bring some warm clothes , the 60 degrees isn't going to happen (50's for a high ) , 40% chance of showers on saturday .

Don't forget to call gramps !!!!!
[signature]
already called g-pa everythings cool. told V to pack for five days and extra boots and butter....oh uh yeah 50 is nothin when your in a boat... make sure to bring tucks cause cold aloomium causes flare ups. call ya on thursday for directions again the first directions you told me were kinda trippy[crazy]. [cool]
[signature]
Cool , Thursday it is . Call around 5 or later .
V won't wet his pants when he sees the size of the fish we'll be catching , will he ?
I'll tie up some spawn bags (bait ) for the trip . For the steelies, spawn is like having someone dangeling a giant snickers bar in their face .

hey , look them over real careful [Wink].
[center] [/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][black][size 5]"You know you're a redneck when......[/size][/black][/font][font "Arial"][blue][size 2] [/size][/blue][/font][font "Arial"][black]
[/black][/font]
[black][size 4]
1. You take your dog for a walk and you both use the same tree.

2. You can entertain yourself for more than 15 minutes with a fly swatter.

3. Your boat has not left the driveway in 15 years.

4. You burn your yard rather than mow it.

5. You think "The Nutcracker" is something you do off the high dive.

6. The Salvation Army declines your furniture.

7.You offer to give someone the shirt off your back and they don't want it.

8. You have the local taxidermist on speed dial.

9. You come back from the dump with more than you took.

10. You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table.

11. Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.

12. Your grandmother has "ammo" on her Christmas list.

13. You keep flea and tick soap in the shower.

14. You've been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.

15. You go to the stock car races and don't need a program.[/size][/black]
[font "Arial"][black][size 2]
[/size][/black][/font]
[black][size 4]
16. You know how many bales of hay your car will hold.

17. You have a rag for a gas cap.

18. Your house doesn't have curtains, but your truck does.

19. You wonder how service stations keep their rest-room's so clean.

20. You can spit without opening your mouth.

21. You consider your license plate personalized[/size][/black]
[/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4]because your father made it.

22. Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.

23. You have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say [/size][/black][/font]
[/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4]"Cool Whip" on the side.

24. The biggest city you've ever been to is Wal-Mart.

25. Your working TV sits on top of your non-working TV.

26. You've used your ironing board as a buffet table.

27. A tornado hits your neighborhood[/size][/black][/font]
[/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4]and does $100,000 worth of improvements.

28. You've used a toilet brush to scratch your back.

29. You missed your 5th grade graduation[/size][/black][/font]
[/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4]because you were on jury duty.

30. You think fast food is hitting a deer at 65.[/size][/black][/font][black] [/black]
[/center]
[signature]
FISHING????? where when ......hahahahaha
[signature]
I'll be there Fri , 5 or 6 , they will be there 6 or 7 .
Going to the Au Sable on saturday , leaving sometime sunday .
Want me to bring a couple extra steaks [cool] ?
[signature]
Ok not really sure where the place is at again..
I know you told me behind the store?
Do you have a cell phone? Maybe you could
you could call me on your way by?and I'll meet you up there? Steaks???? Hell ya Need me too bring any thing?
[signature]
HEY, LOOK AT MY LAST STEELHEAD REPORT , WE WERE A WEEK EARLY [crazy]!
I STOPED BY DEERCAMP TO PICK UP MY BOAT TARP (FORGOT IT THERE ) NOTE MAN WAS UP THERE . DIDN'T SEE HIM OR MY TARP , HE MUSTA BEEN LOOKING FOR SOME "POST-IT" PADS AT THE STORE , LOL !
WE GOT TO GO TO DEERCAMP WITH HIM !

ANYWAY , GIVE ME A CALL LATER , I PICKED UP C-PHONE AND NEED YOUR NUMBER , WAS THINKING ANOTHER FISHING TRIP IF YOU WANNA TRY IT , THE FISH ARE THERE !!!!!!!
[signature]
This just in, Roosterfish has his honey do list up to date and has earned two fishing trips.... the first of said trips to take place May 5, 6, and 7... can you beleive it that is the weekend after next... the number to call to confirm this is a good weekend is xxx-xxx-xxxx no this is not a social security number this is a real telephone number... so for a fishing buddy for a whole weekend just dial the above number and confirm this weekend
[signature]
Well bad news , I'll have the kids .
We can do it at my place , plenty of lakes around here to try out .
If you leave around noon from your place you can be here by the time I get off work .
My youngest will be fishing with us unless it is too cold for her .
We can go for some muskey , they will be open then [cool] . We have plenty of muskey around here too !!!!
I'm making some more comfortable seats for the boat (padded) , don't want any flare-ups [crazy] !
[signature]
hey im still coming out this weekend after werk... dont know if it'll be noon or 3 when i get off, im shootin for noon ...just looked it up on the mapquest and it says it takes 2hrs 52mins... that really means 2hrs... but i need directions to your place call me tomorrow(thurs the fourth of may)[cool]
[signature]
I dont think they added barrol time in to the map...

watch out for the one horse buggies.... and dont slip on a pony pies....
[signature]